Valentine Blues
They call Memphis,
“Home of the Blues”
But I think you can feel
However you choose.
Ya see today my hearts in Memphis
And my mind is too.
Cause I’m so far away
From my sweetheart true.
A king size bed
That was all all mine!
But waking alone
On this Valentine?
I’d quarter that bed
And sleep on the corner.
Just to avoid being
This Valentine mourner.
My pookum packed me a love note
I opened it today.
So I’m feeling much better
This Valentine’s Day.
As soon as I can
I’ll jump on that plane.
So my body can be
In the same place as my brain.
Memphis may be
The Home of the Blues
But right now that’s the only,
Place I would choose
Hawaii, Beijing, SLC, or France?
None of those places
Would get half the chance.
I’d even take Memphis over
Bangkok or Rio,
Just to spend this Valentine’s
As the McAdams trio.
Love you two cuties!
Josh
They call Memphis,
“Home of the Blues”
But I think you can feel
However you choose.
Ya see today my hearts in Memphis
And my mind is too.
Cause I’m so far away
From my sweetheart true.
A king size bed
That was all all mine!
But waking alone
On this Valentine?
I’d quarter that bed
And sleep on the corner.
Just to avoid being
This Valentine mourner.
My pookum packed me a love note
I opened it today.
So I’m feeling much better
This Valentine’s Day.
As soon as I can
I’ll jump on that plane.
So my body can be
In the same place as my brain.
Memphis may be
The Home of the Blues
But right now that’s the only,
Place I would choose
Hawaii, Beijing, SLC, or France?
None of those places
Would get half the chance.
I’d even take Memphis over
Bangkok or Rio,
Just to spend this Valentine’s
As the McAdams trio.
Love you two cuties!
Josh
6 comments:
That is the best poem I have every heard. What a sweet husband.
Why to go Josh!
Your girls are lucky to have you!
What a sweet poem! I am impressed Josh!
That is too cute!! Josh is a romantic huh? How Tender!
Wow, Mel, you need to read more :) There's this guy called Bill Shakespeare, or Wordsworth, you should check them out sometime.
What exactly was Josh trying to suggest by sending a pic of his hotel bed on V-day? All's I'm sayin' is that I'm saying, ya know what I mean?
Question: What is the orign of the word "pookum"? I have a few guesses, but you probably don't want to hear them.
Sorry, obviously Clint thought that was his sister Melanie that commented before. Ignore him.
Hey Whitney! Of course you can save pictures from my blog:) We will have to do another fondue night here in a few months!
Post a Comment