Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Project Bathroom

This was our bathroom as we moved it. Now, not that it looks good in the photo but it looks WAY better in the photo than it did in person. The paint was totally flat and crusty, and the cupboards were painted with gloppy white paint with rusted out, falling off hinges, and orange paint on the edges and white paint on all the handles. The floor is white tile so with the white cabnets it was just to much.

Hinges. yick.

This is our new set of cabnets. I sanded for hours and hours. I was going to spray paint so I could get a nice smooth finish. I primed and painted and then replaced handles and hinges:) We also got rid of the orange walls and used a "Hazlenut cream" (beige). Now, we just need a shower curtain... but that's the hard part. I can't find anything! We want something that looks "clean" and that ties in with the black obviously. We also have that bluish rug that we like too so we're thinking a black, blue, "hazlenut cream" bathroom. So, here's where I need your help.

I think something like this fabric would be cool but can't find anything like it. I've looked at stores and I'm not finding much. I think I might make one? I've looked online at some fabric (we've got nothing good here as far as fabric stores.) I'm still not finding much, but below you'll see the best I've come up with...

but I wonder if I'd get sick of this and it might be to "kiddy"?

Same problem as above


too much for a shower curtain?

Perhaps the print is too small? too much blue?? (all fabrics from sewmammasew.com- love this site! check it out if you need cute fabric)

I'm trying to avoid having to buy this (above) shower curtain, featured by kholes. So- please let me know what you think. I'm horrible with decorating and need advice. I'd love it if you've seen any cute curtains anywhere or if you know of any cute fabric online that I could get. Thanks!

14 comments:

KellySummer said...

i like the "too much for a shower curtain" one. the black funky patterned one. cute. and the cupboards look way nice!!!

Melanie said...

I love the flowery one and the "too much" one.

Good luck!

It looks awesome.

hayleemj said...

I like the first one and the blue flower one.... yes... advoid the hideous horse though! :)
The bathroom looks great though, way to go.

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Hey its Savannah and Riley Williamson, we just added you to our blog. (e-mail me if you want an invite! savannahwilliamson@yahoo.com) Anyways. I bet you could totally make one, its just a square right? Then you can add the clear curtain inside. I love that style of black and white too! I found fabric I really like at Ikea.com

Bonnie said...

I would definetly go with the "too much" one or the blue flower one. Although you could change you mind and do a Western themed bathroom, that would be real classy!

John and Rachel Erickson said...

What? You don't like the horses? It's very country. I like the blue cotton plant one. The cabinets look great! What needs to be done for Lacey?

John and Rachel Erickson said...

What? You don't like the horses? It's very country. I like the blue cotton plant one. The cabinets look great! What needs to be done for Lacey?

Rohatinsky Family said...

Whitney, I am super impressed! I am not nearly that patient. As for the shower curtain, the horses would be a really nice touch. =) Okay, maybe not. I really like a lot of Amy Butler's fabrics. I don't know where to find them...but you can go to etsy.com and search her stuff or google her? Best of luck finding or making a curtain!

Anonymous said...

i like the cotton one lots and lots! and i think your cupboards look ammmazzzing!

The Bailey's said...

I love the blue flower one, I think it would look great. You are so creative, I think the bathroom looks great. good luck and show us the pics when you finish!

Rachel Hubbard said...

hey whitney-
have you checked out hancock fabric by the mall? They have a huge selection of fabrics, etc. I use that store for all my sewing and fabric needs! (it's by toys r us, home depot, etc.)

Amy said...

Whit that looks awesome! I'm seriously impressed. Although, you need to post a pic of the new paint on the walls too. :)

Elena said...

I love what you did with the cupboards! it looks great. I'm in love with flowery fabric!

Elena said...

I love what you did with the cupboards! it looks great. I'm in love with flowery fabric!