Saturday, February 07, 2009

17.3 laps to a mile

I really enjoy a good Saturday run. Today I was in a dilemma as Josh is in NYC, and there was no one to watch Millie. The weather is in the 60's so I just couldn't pass up the opportunity. Millie had fallen asleep in her car seat on our way home from a baby shower, so I took the monitor in one hand, and the GPS in the other and started off on a little run on my own personal track-- my yard. As I circled round and round, I found that there are 17.3 laps to a mile. sheesh! My neighbors (out working on 4 wheelers) found that they lived by a really strange lady! I agree with the neighbors, it was strange... I was pretty much smiling/laughing the whole time because it was just so rediculous. (You see, Josh and I had joked about this earlier, so I just had to try it) p.s. sorry if you think I'm a bad mom, but I was never further than 20 feet from Millie, and I checked on her 3 times during my 9 min. run

14 comments:

Koi said...

Sometimes I leave Simon asleep in bed while I run down the street to pick up Oliver from school. Back in the good ol' days stuff like that used to be ok. Now people are too uptight. Don't worry, tons of people do way worse.

John and Rachel Erickson said...

No one? I'll take Millie anytime. At least you have a big backyard. :)

Roseanne said...

That is so funny! I can totally picture you doing that too! Man I wish I could have heard what the neighbors said. :)

allegra said...

i think you're a great mom for taking time for yourself..to do stuff you love. that will make you a better mom overall to take care of yourself! and we do the monitor thing, too so you're normal!

and your half pony post made me laugh...i never do my hair either! it's always in a pony. but i love half ponytails. i wear them all the time to church:) it's the perfect compromise--your hair is out of your face, but it's also down...and i can't stand my hair in my face...especially with kids.

ShaeandJustin said...

You totally crack me up! I think it's time to get a treadmill sweetie! I do weird things like that all the time. You definitely have some determination, to run around your house. I would have been bored after my 4th lap!

Mindy said...

I am laughing so hard! You are so cute! I wish so badly I could've seen you! This is dedication - to being the best mama and to running!

Bonnie said...

That is too funny! I bet your neighbors just love you!

Brandon and Natalie said...

I think that is so funny. My thoughts is any way you can get exercising into the day you need to.

I don't think it is bad you left Millie. You had the monitor and could hear her.

I bet it was so wonderful to run yesterday. Yesterday was the perfect weather for a nice jog.

Melanie said...

Bad mom......no way. You were right there.
I'm glad you got your run in.

Did you get dizzy?

Jenna said...

Ha ha! That's so funny and awesome that you did that! I was totally able to create an image of thatin my mind!
We enjoyed watching Josh race and visiting with him. I think I took one pic - so I will email it later.

Leslie said...

Oh Whitney you always were resourceful like that. I am laughing thinking about those neighbors. Never a dull moment...
And by the way in those parts of the country (yes, Austin is included) you are most likely the 'normal' one! :)

Amy said...

haha...oh Whit...you are so funny! Never a dull moment around you. Love it. :)

Jill said...

I admire your patience. I don't think that I could have stuck with the 17 laps. I have thought several times about leaving my kids home while I go running around our block and check in on them every time I come around. I haven't done it yet, but I just might.
I would assume that you have a baby jogger. Did you know that they have rain/wind covers for them. I used to take both my kids out running when it was snowing. My kids have also spent many cross-country meets under those covers. If you don't have one, get one!

Rohatinsky Family said...

That is so funny! I don't blame you for not passing up the nice weather.