Thursday, February 05, 2009

Half Ponytail

I've been in a hair rut. Probabally alot of the "rut" is because I never do my hair, so of course it isn't going to look good! Normally I shower, brush it out, and slick it back into a bun. Yesterday I did my hair in a half pony-tail. I was so proud of myself all day (for trying something new) and I just thought it looked so cute. When I was in 8th grade I did my hair in a half pony pretty much every day, so that got me to thinking, can I still wear a half pony-tail? or perhaps it is out of date? or maybe it's still okay to wear, but only if you are in 8th grade? please be honest so I do not embarrass myself further :)

12 comments:

Jill said...

Hey, I think that once you are a mother, any hairstyle is okay. Just the fact that you get up and shower is enough! I feel like the only time I really do my hair is one Sundays or when I go into Bryce's class.

We Are Family! said...

Whitney...you always look great. I thought that last night at mutual...so go for the half ponytail--good for you!

We Are Family! said...

this is Erin by the way! :)

Melanie said...

I bet it was adorable.

I'm with Jill......just doing you hair gives you all kudos in the world.

Way to go!

Melanie said...

Oh......as long as you do not have the Mormon Claw bangs to go with it!

KellySummer said...

i think you needed to post a pic of your hair.

ShaeandJustin said...

Your funny Whit! Just do what I am doing and cut it all off. I love half pony tails! I totally do some old fashion stuff with my hair like crimping every once in awhile. One thing I wish that would totally come back is the banana clip for shirts. We should work on that! I still have some from when I was little.

Strong Clan said...

It is great, to be honest I am a dork and still wear my hair like that! but I teach 6th graders so they don't really care what I look like!

Tara said...

That's funny, cause I wear mine in side pony tails all the time! Just not as high as I use to on my head. So does yours like like a side low pony tail too, or like Deb on Napoleon Dynamite? Shae's comment makes me laugh cuase I use to crimp my hair sometimes my freshman year at Utah State! oh, and your daughter is darling!

Koi said...

I would say to ditch pony tails all together for a while. They cut off the circulation you need to your scalp for proper hair growth. And with the way Granny and all her sisters lose their hair, not to mention our mom's and their sisters as well, we need all the scalp circulation we can get. Let you hair hang loose and brush you scalp with a good paddle brush.

Roseanne said...

That is Zach's favorite when I do my hair like that. You just don't want a huge pony tail. Just a little. And sweep some bangs along your face and connect it with the elastic. I'm sure you did it cute. Your hair is always cute.

Erin said...

Ok so after reading everyone else's comments. Kelly had the most normal response. We need to see a picture. And if you're can't produce one then i will be forced to look through old pics and i don't think it would be healthy for you or me to start bringing out that many old pics of us. I also realized after reading the comments that it may be up to me to be the honest one. So here goes. Half ponies (although we are all guilty of it) are pushing the line of style. And i realize that some people (you being one) pull it off better then others, but that fact still remains.....it's just not right! But I love you anyway and who am I to talk? I'm single with no kids and do side ponies, (And i'm not saying its right either, i'm just saying i do it)!