Thursday, February 12, 2009

Get your own baby...


My little Millie is such a cutie and I Love this stage that she's at! she's always soo happy and can't resist smiling anytime we look at her. She is learning all sorts of skills like complaining and shoving both hands in her mouth at the same time, and rolling over (well, almost) So I kindof have a story about a situation I found myself in... I went to wal-mart the other day to get some gum balls. (this was a story in and of itself. I was looking every where for gum balls to use in Young Womens and no one seemed to have them, or to know what they were for that matter. My last resort was Wal-mart. I called and asked "do you carry gum balls?" they lady says "gum balls? would that be in the toy department? what are gum balls?" I'm like "um.. no probabally with the candy, they're the round colored balls of gum that you chew?" and she's like "oh yeah." anyways, they did have them.) Anyways, so I go to the Wal-Mart. I had Millie with me, and I had her in her car seat which was set on the shopping cart. While we were inside so many people were just so excited to see her! About 4 or 5 different ladies came up and started talking to her. 2 of them started grabbing her hands and 1 lady was kissing the car seat. I have had a couple random people kiss her, on the face- now, I'm glad that I Millie can make people happy but... I'm fine with people I know touching and playing with her but what do you do when it's some total random (believe me, there are alot of random's here) who smells like smoke and seems like they haven't showered in a few days? etc.

12 comments:

Lara said...

YUCK! That is a tough dilemma. I would try and come up with something to keep strangers from touching her. Good luck!

meghannamarie said...

Maybe have the hood up on the car seat so either they can't see her (of course you want eveyone to see how cute she is) or if they do get a glimpse maybe they will shy away from kissing her! I don't know I never went anywhere with my kids to have people want to kiss them. Of course emie's Dr. just thought she was the cutes thing!

Mandy said...

hahahaha! Oh my gosh, that would always make me CRINGE when people would touch Emma. Especially during these winter months...all the viruses going around. THat's a hard one. Maybe you could keep a pretty thick blanket on her and with her car seat visor up. Or you could just keep a blanket over the visor so no one can see her? :) Good luck.

Jill said...

My friend went to the store and her baby was crying. She was frantically trying to check out as fast as she could knowing her baby just wanted to eat. All at once her baby stopped crying. She looked back and saw that the lady in line after her had put her finger in the baby's mouth! I think that I would have come unglued. It's bad enough to have people touch and kiss your baby but to put their finger in their mouth.

Kachelle said...

been there: practice a nice ANGRY look. walk around the store with it and GLARE at people (RRRRRRR!) who even come near you. and always look TERRIBLE when going to the store(that may be hard for you) if none of this works, pinch her! no one likes a screaming baby!!

Kachelle said...

i'm not really crazy, that was ment to be funny. but really, looking angry helps.

John and Rachel Erickson said...

Ewwww. Maybe if you didn't dress her so cute people would leave her alone. Otherwise avoid Walmart at all costs.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry! The things people do. Like were all family or something? Honestly, when someone I don't know gets a little to close I start to walk away. It's like a "Thanks" (with a sort of smile) Turn and move kind of thing.

Melanie said...

People gross me out.

It always seems like the older ladies like to touch babies hands.

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU TOUCH A BABIES HANDS? WHO KNOWS WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN? FEET! FEET! FEET!

For this reason, I carry hand sanitizer with me......EVERYWHERE!

By the time my kids are 9 months they know the sanitizing routine and they know it well.

YUCKY random people!

Rohatinsky Family said...

Cutest. Girl. Ever!
The poem was pretty stinkin' cute too! He writes poems, reads Twilight...he's a keeper. =)

Bonnie said...

I don't know what people are thinking? Are they thinking? What on earth would possess you to go up and touch a baby or child that you do not know? I mean I know they are sweet (and Millie is especially darling), but really keep your hands to yourself!

Erin said...

Um I would probably kiss her and touch her too! She is AMAZING. But I don't smell like smoke so i've got that going for me....oh whitney, you've always been a little selfish, why can't you just share your cutie with the less fortunate who only produce the funny looking kiddos!