Sunday, October 05, 2008

Race Day

Last Saturday Josh ran an 8k race at Shelby Farms. It was with several local/semi-local colleges. He's been training once and a while with Rhodes college down town. He, of course, won. Nice job Josh!



THEN, a few hours later there was a 5k sponsored by Southern College. We BOTH ran that. Josh, again, won and set a new course record. wa-hoo! I was finishing about 1.3 miles and he had finished the race :( BUT- I won my division... the 8 month pregnant devision (which I made up myself to make myself feel better about the experience) I found my competition to be a little bit different than the usual. I really wanted to beat Josh's 65 year old, non-runner, professor. I just couldn't compete with his mean kick and he beat me by 20 seconds... ha ha. I really have to say though, I was a little bit proud of myself for "running" my 35 min. 5k


just pretend I don't look way scary!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy cow, I don't think I could run a 5K in 35 minutes in my best shape! Way to go! That wasn't Southern College in Collegedale, was it? They'll shoot you for running on the "Sabbath."

Leslie said...

You are amazing, I can't even walk up with stairs without getting winded. The '8 months pregnant' division, I love it. I am convinced between that and having twins 3-year olds I need a handicapped sticker! YOU LOOK GREAT. :)

Melanie said...

Wow.....you're awesome. I usually swear off running after about 3 months. Of course, after having more than one my "baby growing sack" grows a lot faster and seems to hang a lot sooner. Still....8 months......by the way, you look awesome. Way to go!

One of the times I ran the Freedom Festival 5k, I was beaten by a 8 month pregnant lady. Not only did she beat me, she freaken' smoked me....and, she was pushing a stroller. I suck!

meghannamarie said...

Just reading that you ran a 5k 8 months pregnant made my tummy hurt! Good Job! I can't believe you won your divison that is awesome;) I am glad that everything is going well.

ShaeandJustin said...

You are a maniac Whit! I can't believe you ran a race being that pregnant. I couldn't even walk around the block at this point. You better get checked and make sure that baby isn't going to jiggle out of you! J/K When are you due again?

Unknown said...

you look great! I am super impressed that you ran.

Amber said...

What devotion! That makes my stomach hurt to even think about running a 5K being that pregnant. You are a cute prego girl! I hope your pregnancy is going good.

Jami said...

Whit you are awesome! I definitely could not have done that. At all. By the way, I loved your post previous to this one too. And I can't believe I've never seen the Valentine outfit. That is so funny. I about died.

Bonnie said...

Oh Whitney, you are so amazing and crazy! And you look so good! Way to go! Also, I'm also struggling to find books to read right now. I really liked Three Cups of Tea, about building schools in Afghanistan, if you haven't read that and someone just recommended the book Left to Tell, about an evacuee from Rwanda that looks really good, so those are some ideas. Hope that helps!

Elena said...

I cannot believe you ran 5k! I can't even run a mile and I'm only 4,5 month pregnant! you are amazing and BTW you look great!

Amy said...

Are you kidding me? You are A-mazing!

Gina and Jon said...

I just have to say I am so so impressed, nice work!

Tiffany said...

Holy cow, I can't believe you ran that race being pregnant! I can't even run now, and I already had my baby!