Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pregnant Post

Sorry to make a pregnant post, but my sisters have been asking how big I am. So, here you have it. This is me at 37 weeks and 3 days :) Millie will be comming on October 24! less than 2 weeks! Despite Josh's coaxing and other techniques (ice packs on millies head- we read about it on the internet... sad huh?) she does not want to flip! she is still breach, hence the earlier Oct. 24 date for a C-section. I'm actually pretty scared about that, so if anyone has any advice or comforting words about C-sections I'd love to hear them.


This is my new favorite candy... if you haven't tried it, it's delicious. NOT! One of the worst pregnancy maladies I've had is "heart burn" or "acid reflux" (Josh says I should call it acid reflux b/c it doesn't sound as much like a grandma) I wake up almost every night at 2:30 am and get to munch on one of these. blah. Really, being pregnant is just like being old (weight gain, discomfort, heart burn, tiredness, loss of breath, sore back...)


14 comments:

allegra said...

I had a C-section with Max...after like 15 hours of labor he just wasn't going to fit, so they rushed me to the operating room. i was so incredibly scared to have a c-section, but here's the deal. it's really not that bad. they do it all the time and you aren't able to feel anything except a lot of pressure. and i'll warn you, it's a LOT of pressure when they take the baby out. i don't even know why? but it feels like an elephant is stepping on your stomach. (it's not that bad though, i swear!) also c-section babies are cuter cause their heads aren't smooshed:) haha i'm just biased. your scar is SO low and SO small! i was surprised how tiny my scar is (like 4 inches across), and you'll never see it when wearing a swimsuit because it's that low:) recovery may be a bit more because you're so sore.. (remember..it's major surgery!) but i would almost rather a c-section than vaginal. who wants to do it the normal way and "tear?" no fun. not to mention other irreversible effects that inevitably happen down there the normal way:)

good luck! you'll be fine, and you look SO cute!

Leslie said...

Whitney, you are darling!
I had the twins c-section because London was head down but Maddie was breach and the whole thing was just incredibly complicated. They told me I could deliver one vaginally and the other c-section and I said no thanks!! I didn't think the actual c-section was bad, the spinal was a piece of cake, etc. but it was the aftermath that was a surprise, ie when they took the morphine away!! :) Like Allegra says, it is a major surgery and expect a recovery. One of the nurses came in at like 4 am the day after and MADE me walk up and down the hall, just once, but I cried and I was so mad! It was a blessing in disguise because the faster you get moving the faster you recover. Also, you are in really good shape right now so that is in your favor!
Also (sorry for the novel), you can still do a vaginal birth after just one c-section if you so opt. We are trying that with this one at the advice of my doctor. But I am with Allegra...either way is messy and unpleasant. The sacrifices we make for these kids, it's so worth it though. It looks like Millie will be born on my due date!!
Good luck and I'm with you on the reflux thing. I fall asleep with Tums in my mouth and still wake up every couple of hours!!

Bonnie said...

Whit, you still look so good! Sorry to hear that she's still breach, but while I don't know too much personally about c-sections a lot of people I know that have done both say they prefer the c-section. Good luck! and enjoy the tums, so delicious!

Melanie said...

Gabe was breech as well. I did have him c-section and it went well. The nice thing about having a scheduled c-section is that you do not have to go through hours of labor before having surgery. Easier recovery. Besides, having to have a c-section because of a breech position makes it more possible to have a v-back (vaginal after c-section). I have now had 2 successful v-backs.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. All that matters is that she gets here healthy and strong.

carin t said...

TUMS!!! We prego ladies couldn't live without them, could we?! Good thing babies are cute, after all they put us through!!!!

Mindy said...

My sister had to have both of her babies by C-section. You are awake, yet there really isn't pain. Scar is tiny. Millie will come out with a perfectly round head, no stress for her as they just POP her out. It's really quick too. You'll do great. Millie will be happy about it. No worries. :) I'll say a little prayer for ya too! :)

FWIL Sentimental Blog Content said...

My sister-in-law had this issue with both her daughters. We held family fasts that the baby would turn around- and guess what, a couple days before the c-section She did! Two years later the same thing. I don't know if it always works, but it's worth a shot if you are really worried about it! And if not, you are a tough girl so don't worry too much!

Kachelle said...

love the belly! and i'm with you on the tums. if i don't wake up and take them i puke on bryan.

lancemcadams said...

Whitney -

I'm your brother-in-law, and a doctor. C-section isn't the ideal way to do it, but anymore, it's pretty safe. Upwards of 20-25% of all deliveries now are c-sections (in the US). The downsides to c-section are that it usually takes longer for you to recover, it sometimes takes longer for your milk to come in, and death. That's it, so don't worry about a thing.

Why can't you guys wait two days and have her on the 26th. A lot of important people that I know are both on that day.

L.

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

You'll be ok with a C-section. Sophie ended up being an emergency c-section (don't read the birth story on my blog until after you'd had Millie though ok!!!). It was actually not at all as scary as I thought it was going to be. It's a little bit weird learning to use your stomach muscles again but you're in such great shape that I'm sure you'll recover really fast. You'll be running again in no time. The pain isn't too bad and you can sit down a heck of a lot easier than those who give a normal delivery! That's a plus! They put a curtain up and you just feel a little tugging and then all the sudden your baby is right there! Honestly, I think they just have them all hidden in a cooler somewhere and they just quickly match a baby to you, hold it up, and say congratulations. There's no way that thing came out of me! Haha. Good luck!

The Bond Clan said...

Whitney, I am in a hurry so I didn't read if you got this already but my baby was breach also for a little and they told me to do the exercise for 10 minutes 2 times per day. Email me and I will tell you more extensively what that exercise was if you haven't already done it. It worked for me, I dunno how often it works for everyone els. Sorry, Jenni

Tiffany said...

You still look tiny for almost being ready to have a baby! I can't believe shes coming so soon. I can totally relate on the heart burn. It's awful, but it does go away after you have the baby. :)

Jill said...

Our pregnancies sound so similar. I used to wake up with killer heart burn. The first time I thought I was in labor. At least the end is near.
I had both my kids c-section. My experience with Camryn was so much better for let of reasons. I had a harder time recovering with Bryce mostly because I laid in bed for over 24 hours before I was up and moving. With Camryn they had me up walking several hours after her birth. I thought they were nuts when they told me to get up and go for a short walk. The walking helps!!! The doctors are not so gentle with you as they are getting to baby out. It is no wonder why your whole lower body hurts afterwards. So my advice:
1 - Get up and get moving soon after she is born.
2- Ask the nurse or doctor if the will lower the sheet that blocks your view of your stomach as they take Millie out of your tummy. That was amazing for me to watch Camryn being taken out of my stomach. I is something that I will never forget!
3 - If possible try to relax, not worry about the things that you have no control over so that you can enjoy watching your little miracle become part of your family!

Gina and Jon said...

Your so cute, you look great! I have heard lot's of good things about C-sections however unfortunately I don't have any real advise. I can't believe your almost there!