Wednesday, October 15, 2008


I have a friend who moved out here about a month b/f us. She has titled her blog "Living the Memphis Dream (that means not getting shot)" so, this became reality for us as we pulled in from church on sunday only to see 3 cop cars parked- one in front of our house and 2 just across the street. The house directly across from ours had 2 cops in the front yard, one with his gun drawn and aimed. We were like "ahh! lets not get shot" part of me was surprised to see this, but most of me was just surprised I hadn't seen it sooner.


Of course we didn't want to get caught in the cross fire of what ever was going on so we went inside and spied on the situation from the window. Eventually a cop came out from inside the house and motioned the other 2 cops to come inside. Then we went and made dinner and an hour or so later realized there were like 5 cop cars and 8 police. As is customary here, the neighbors had pulled out their lawn chairs and set them up on their drive way and were just watching. So, we asked them what the deal was. Apparently a 15 yr. old broke into the house 2 houses down. Stole some stuff like lap top, and was trying to get into his guns (thanks you neighbor for locking up your guns!!!) Alarm went off so he broke into the house across from us (which is vacant b/c the "known drug dealers" moved out a couple weeks ago) and hid in there. Police found him in the closet with stolen goods. See... not as bad as it looked. why do you need 8 cops for that?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome.

meghannamarie said...

Maybe you won't have to rent another movie while living there! All the excitement will be in your front yard.

Koi said...

Nice, I remember living in the ghetto and having cops tell us to stay in doors. Just remember these times. It'll make some exciting stories to tell Millie later.

Mindy said...

Hahaha! I am so happy you're living the Memphis dream too! :)

Tiffany said...

That's pretty crazy. Good thing the cops are on top of things.

Kara said...

ha..funny! I am always scared of getting shot too. James just says I am crazy! I will have to tell him about this.