Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My favorite Kitchen Item

I got these egg cups when I was over Germany in the fall. The typical german breakfast seems to always include boiled eggs in some sort of cozy egg cup. If I am every feeling down all I need to do is boil an egg and put it in my egg cup to cool before eating it with a little butter, salt, and Pepper. I would really like to get some more egg cups to add to my collection but have had a hard time finding them! (my egg cup is on a "quilted coaster that I made... they are super easy to make and pretty cute. All you do is cut out your 2 pieces of fabric, place a layer of batting in the middle, press the edges of the fabric to the inside and then sew in a square pattern spiraling inward.)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally think you should make a cooking show Whitney. I love hard boiled eggs too. I just bought some tirasumi cups the other day and made a lemon cake soufle that was really good.

meghannamarie said...

You are so cute! the coaster is awesome even though you say it is super easy I would mess it up. I am not a good Seamstress!I say seamstress because sewer didn't sound or look right I think everyone would agree!

Christiansen Clan said...

Hey Whitney--it's Josh's cousin Amy. I love checking in on your blog from Marc and Brit's blog site. I love these egg holders, too. FYI..Williams-sonoma usually has them, especially around Easter time.

Ashley said...

Hey! It's Ashley Comeau. I saw a link to your blog and thought I would do a little blog stalking :) I totally understand how you feel about the egg cup. I have a tea cup and saucer that gives me the same kind of pick me up. BTW-Benjy and I decided today while we were in church that you are such a cute pregnant lady! Hope you are feeling ok.

Jami said...

I'm a little embarrassed to say that I have never seen one of those in my life. Now I think I want one. :) You are so cute. You're gonna be a way cute mom. How about showing us a pic of your tummy?

Tiffany said...

That is so cute that the egg cup makes you happy! You're such a fun creative person, I love it!