Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Nephi Rodeo

The other night we went to the Nephi Rodeo (thanks to some of Josh's Thai friends, from his mission, who had extra tickets). This rodeo had all the basics plus the "hide ride" where guys try to jump on a cow hide that is being pulled by a galloping horse. They also had "the one armed wonder" a guy with one arm, who corralled buffalo on to the top of his truck using a whip! I totally love Rodeo's and am getting excited to go to the Spanish Fork rodeo next week. Josh had only been to one rodeo before this one... we had alot of fun and were not dissapointed!
This was their first rodeo I guess and they were way excited! (Also, last night the guy in the white shirt and they guy in the white and green shirt had us over for dinner last night. They made Green Curry and Waterfall beef. Both of which were AMAZING. In case you are in the market for some good Thai food, and you can't find these guys to cook for you, they say the best Thai place around is "Thai House" in Lehi.)


This movie is of the most exciting feat of the night. I was very surprised that after it was all over he stood up and waved to the crowd and appeared to be fine! Way to "Cowboy up!"

7 comments:

abby said...

hey whitney, just found your very cute blog through the cox's! so excited for you guys and all your adventures to come!

allegra said...

i hope he's done having babies b/c i doubt he'll be able to reproduce.

i can't believe your hubby is going to the olympics!!!!!!

Koi said...

Wow, way to go. I must say that I have never been to a Rodeo. I know, crazy. Especially coming from an entire family of Cowboys. My dad's a softy and thought they they were mis-treating animals so he kind of made us all feel the same way about them too.

On a lighter note...I'm so excited to Cheer for Josh in the Olympics. I told our whole ward to cheer for him too. Tell him CONGRATS for us ok.

Unknown said...

The Oregon coast looks like a lot of fun. I think that it's cool how you showed the people who made it to the Olympics, but what is that last guy doing?

Tiffany said...

Hey Whitney, I need your email address b/c I made my blog private, so i need to send you and invite. My email address is tifflovesammon@gmail.com

Also, we need to go to dinner at the Thai restaurant that you said Josh really likes, if you have time in the next couple weeks. I know you guys are way busy, so let me know! :)

Elena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elena said...

This looks like fun....We were supposed to go to that rodeo with Alan's family, but ended up going to the pool instead...Now I'm kind of glad we didn't go. I hate watching people get hurt!