Sunday, July 06, 2008

A New Olympian


3rd at the Trials and Bound for Beijing!

Who da thought? 3 years ago I never imagined I'd be running for a spot on the US Olympic Team. On Saturday a dream came true. This last year has seemed like forever telling people, "I'm just working part time and training for the Olympics." Well I feel justified now after putting off optometry school for a year. I'm Bound for Beijing and it feels awesome!

17 comments:

Amber said...

Congratulations!!! What an exciting race it was to watch. Can't wait to see you in the Olympics! Good luck!

The Clarks said...

Josh, This is Jenny Wang/Clark. I have to say I brag about my fellow Ohioan all the time! I'm so exited for you! What a wonderful dream come true! Good luck in Bejing!
Jenny

Unknown said...

Josh this is Whitney's Cousin Wendy we are so excited for you! We can't wait to watch you! Congratulations!

emily & david said...

Great job! You looked comfortable and confident throughout the semi-finals and finals. You're going to kill it during the Olympics I can just tell. And good luck with the upcoming family addition.

Shamaine said...

That's so exciting! Congratulations...we will watch you in the Olympics! (this is Shamaine & Dave Sheppard from the ward) :)

meghannamarie said...

We are all so happy for you Josh! It was such on exciting race and we are so happy! Good Luck and run hard!

Blogger-In-Chief said...

Congratulations Josh, all of the Cochran family wishes you well in Bejing.

-Brigham

Strong Clan said...

Hey JOSH! It is Tiffany Strong (Rust) and Will. We have been watching and waiting for updates all week. You have some very excited timpview runners who were cheering for you! I am really excited for you and I also am excited for you to be a DAD! Please keep in touch and now Will and I have a blog too!

Mandy said...

Oh my gosh...that's AMAZING! Congratulations...we'll be looking and rootin' for ya!! :)

Tiffany said...

Ammon and I were both so excited to watch your race, and that you made it in the top 3! You are an incredible athlete! I posted something about you on my blog after the race because I think it is so cool that you are an Olympian now! Way to go!

Jami said...

Congrats Josh! Layne and I had so much fun watching your race. We were going crazy. Nice job! Can't wait to see you in Beijing!

Sarah said...

How freaking cool, everyone at Rubberball is extremely excited they got to work with an Olympian. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Congrats Josh!! We're so excited for you and your awesome achievement. It was so fun watching your race, I was just screaming "Go Josh Go!!" I called the Breigs and they were able to watch as well! We're all so proud of you!!

Scott said...

Great race, Josh. Emily and I will be cheering for you in August.

Unknown said...

Way to go, Josh! We're so excited for you! We'll be watching for sure. Good luck! We brag that you're in our ward. We think it's all pretty awesome!
-The Browns

Elena said...

Josh,
Congrats! That is such an amazing achievement! We watched your race and were so excited to see you in the top 3! Great Job! Good luck in Bejing!!

Karrie said...

WOW, Congratulations from all of us in AZ, what an accomplishment... what better reason to put of optometry school than competing in the olympics. what a thrilling thing to watch especially in such a difficult and challenging race. We had several of the OR's at the hospital's where I work cheering for you as well.
Jeremy and Karrie