Monday, July 21, 2008

A part of my life I'm going to miss...

This weekend we went to the Timpview Cross country camp. Though I'm not coaching there any more, Coach Marshall (the XC coach) let Josh and I tag along. We went out to Mt. Pleasant Ut. (right by camp Shalom) and stayed in the dorms of "Wasatch Academy". It was an awesome camp! Lots of beautiful runs in the mountains (10,000 feet) Though I am now slow and weak, I still enjoyed running up there! This year camp included both the boys and the girls... which, as I'm sure you can imagine, created some interesting developments! I loved spending this last "horrah" with the girls. They are so hillarious, fun and amazing! I'll miss them alot!

We did a run that finished at a big pond. We later migrated to another larger pond/lake, to swim, but then several of the kids got leeaches! eeww! (Above: Hilary, Devin, Laura, Aimee, Dania, Sam)

The last night of camp the girls some how got the boys distracted enough that they could sneek into their dorm and steal their boxers. They then strung the boxers on dental floss and hung them from the basketball hoop.

They boys did not like what the girls had done. They planned revenge. Cajin (pictured above) had brought this life size cut out of Fabio with her. The guys got ahold of it and pretty much distroyed him... drew eyelashes on his eyes and a bow in his hair, put a girls running tank on him and made him a skirt etc. The Girls were not happy. I just think it is all so hillarous because I can totally see myself doing these kinds of things back in high school. Man! What will I do with out these gals?

5 comments:

Strong Clan said...

Whitney hey how are you doing? Guess what - I know most of those girls that you coached. Especially Devin, she was even at my wedding. I teach at Canyon Crest, and know a lot of their younger siblings. They LOVE you and JOSH! As much as you are going to miss them, they are going to miss you more!
How are you doing, how are you feeling, and please tell Josh hello for me!
Love, Tiffany Strong (Rust)

Kachelle said...

that's pretty freakin hillarious!

Bonnie said...

Ohhh! High school such good times! You're right you totally would have done stuff like that, so funny!

Jill said...

I know that we are all going to miss you as much as you miss being here. Monte really appreciates all the help that both you and Josh have been. Thanks for being such great role models for us and these kids!

Anonymous said...

whitney!!!!!!!!! oh my goodness i miss you so much! i hope everything's going great with living in tennesse and MILLIE!!! thats such an adorable name by the way. we all hope to hear from ya soon. except we do have one little qualm.... if you got a c-section how're you gonna be able to tell us if giving birth or running is harder??? ;)