Friday, July 18, 2008

Most Delicious Treat

This is basically my favorite treat. I learned it from my friend Erin, I think. You toast a piece of bread (of course Granny Bread is the best kind to use) then you butter it and add a slice of tomatoe (NOT roma) and then put a generous sprinkling of salt and pepper over the top!

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

I LOVE tomatoe sandwiches! I make mine just like that, but I put grated parmesan on top as well, so delicious!

Mindy said...

Whitney! I found your blog on Shae Messersmith's (I don't know her new last name) blog! How are you? Are you still teaching at Timpview? I watched the Olympic trials and saw your hubby! Do you get to go to Beijing with him?? What else is new? :)

Unknown said...

That looks so good. I so want to give that a try this week!

Elena said...

Whitney,

I love this kind of sandwiches! but for some reason I kind of forgot about it, so thank you for reminding me! I will have to try it this week, and BTW, I too put parmesan cheese on top...yumm!

meghannamarie said...

Yummy my two favorite things carbos and tomatoes! Can't go wrong with that combo!

Anonymous said...

I first had this delightful sandwich at Holly Bergmann's house when I was 15. I was HOOKED! And yes, it was on Granny Bread WHITE.. The only way to go, and REAL BUTTER! YUMMY!