I ran the Mew-a-thon (not to be confused with a marathon, because it's only a 5k) last week. I ran it with my good friend lacey and it was a good time! I finally ran faster than 19:30- I ran 2 5k's this fall and they were both exactly 19:30. Anyway, I wanted to talk about something other than this race; spandex. It all started at USU. I hated spandex all through H.S. I was fine with my baggy running shorts (actually I always ran in boxers that I made in home Ec. go figure) so at USU all the girls on the team were wearing spandex. Our uniform gave us a choice of norm. running shorts or spandex shorts... after a while the girls convinced me to run in the spancex. I found something that amazed me- the world of spandex WAS for me... and they can be for you too! No matter what size we are, we always feel we have a "problem area" or several problem areas, so just get over that for a while and try on a pair of spandex! then get brave and see highly qualified they are to be worn as exercise apparel. Pictured below: The most comy thing I own- blue asics spandex. I would choose these over sweats for comfort- but don't worry, I limit them to exercise. so, just try em' out let me know what ya think.
EPIC Family "Vacation"
6 years ago
12 comments:
Haha! Whit!! USU cross country is what converted me too! I was sooo against them in high school, but Shae and Carol convinced me and I cannot run in anything else now!
IF I Looked as good as you look in spandex I would wear them too!
As passionate as you are for spandex, there is one that is more passionate...Josh! He loves spandex and would tell everyone on the team to wear them everyday. He converted me too, but only in the winter - not for races.
I'm glad that my persuasion was well loved, and used! I remember some of those conversations, I'm surprised I never got you in bummies! Nice job on your race! Your amazing. Bye the way, didn't know if you noticed, but their is a guy running behind you in the picture that is checking our your nice spandex too. Runner Beware of the spandex loving pervs! J/K
Haha (funny comments). Good work on your race! That's great! I don't know if I will ever get fast again.
You'll have to ask Rena sometime about the girl that wrote her a hate note over wearing spandex at byu - apparently she thought they were tempting her boyfriend. Haha.
I agree..spandex is amazing :) At least your's are long...I got used to wearing short short spandex for volleyball and never took them off unless I had to leave the house for something other than volleyball. Oh, and your harvest fairy is darling!
AGREED!. . .Although I wasn't converted until college as well. I vetoed it for awhile after having a baby, but now it's back in my favorites.
Hey they do look pretty good! I don't know if I could do that. But maybe if I start running again I'll try, just for you Whit :)
You inspire me. I cannot believe (yes I can) how fast you are. And I have to confess that I too am in love with spandex. I just barely bought these nike 3/4 length tights and I am in love with them. I'm still not that cute in them but they are the most comfortable things to run in. They tempt me to wear them all day long, but (thankfully) I don't! =)
Who knew? There are tons of trails where we live now! MAybe just maybe! I still rmeember your great advice about the shoes too! Thanks Whitney! What are you guys doing for Christmas? Did you go to Grandma's Funeral?
Post a Comment