I never really cared for meatballs untill we went to sweden and had some really good ones!!! I found this recipe is REALLY good! I serve them with egg noodles and (melted) Lingonberry Jam, now that's the key to make them Really Delicious!
8 oz. each ground sirloin & ground pork (you can just use ground sirloin- ie: ground beef)
1/2 cup onion, coarsely chopped in a food processor
1/2 cup sour cream
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tbsp dry red wine (good substitute that I use is 1 tsp. Red wine vinegar and the rest grape juice)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups homemade or low-sodium store-bought beef stock
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (or a couple Tbsp. dried)
Directions
Combine beef, pork, onion, sour cream, egg, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and spices with hands. Shape into 1 3/4-inch balls. Freeze on a rimmed baking sheet 30 minutes. Reroll in hands.
Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs, shaking skillet, until browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes. Keep warm in oven (250 deg.) on a baking sheet.
Pour off fat and large brown bits from skillet. Add wine; cook over medium heat, stirring, until mostly reduced. Whisk in flour; add stock. Raise heat to medium-high. Simmer, stirring, until thick, 8 to 10 minutes. Pour through a sieve. Top meatballs with sauce and parsley. (to save a bit of time I cook meatballs most of the way, but then transfer them into another pan to cook the rest of the way (instead of putting them in oven) then I can make the sauce in 1st pan.
Remember to serve with LINGONBERRY jam (melted) and some egg noodles!
EPIC Family "Vacation"
6 years ago
7 comments:
YUM! I'll have to try this. Where do you get the lingonberry jam?
oh I am missing dinner nights at your place! sad!
I really might have to try this dish over the holidays!
I got the lingonberry jam in the international section of our grocerystore. with the european stuff- but sometimes it's just in with regular jam's.
oh that looks yummy Whitney.. I need to try...I need more of your recipies...I have a blog too I will send you an invite...it is on private!
oooh yum. thank you! I can't wait to try these!
Thanks! I love new recipes. I may be trying this out with the deer Dustin shot. Venison meatballs!?
We love meatballs and Legionberries....going to make that!
Post a Comment