We got back from China last week. It was way fun, and also way funny ( see photos from previous entry). I was so glad that I got to go over and watch Josh compete. I was so glad that some family and friends could go with me. Along with some family, my friend Amy (we were roomates in college) came with me, I was so glad she could come! These are some Olympic photos... I'll do another post with the tourist photos...
These are the olympic mascotts, "the friendlies" we LOVED them, in the village they had these huge blow-up's of them. There was one for each color of the olympic rings
Me, Amy and Tracy with you know who... This photo was so we could complete a mission from Seth.

This is our crew in the birds nest after Josh's race (Coach Mann, Josh's parents Russ and Cindy, Josh, Me, My mom , sister tracy, my friend Amy) We were all way proud of Josh. (This photo was taken by a NBC/KSL news anchor. They did a TV interview with us, and on that same news blerb they did a close up shot on my stomach... great.)

Josh's race... Amy & I were sat way up in the nose bleeds. The others were sat close enough for Josh to hear them cheer. This is Tracy's photo, we couldn't even snap anything worth looking at from our nose bleed seats. The stadium was huge and it was way exciting just to be inside it!

Olympic rings in the olympic village. We went to the village with Josh one day and looked around. We got to eat in the dining hall where all the athletes of diff. countries eat. There was SOOO much food. They had salad bars, fruit bars, sandwitch bars, desert bars, Itallian caffeteria lines, mediteranian lines, chineese lines, etc. All sorts of food. Also a McDonalds (of course it was "All you can eat")

Birds nest stadium. As you can see, the sky is blue, it was a georgous day. The pollution really didn't seem to be as bad as it was cracked up to be.

Flags of all the countries in the olympic village.

Olympic Village. Each country had a building for athlete "suites", then they all used the same dining hall etc. The big thing in the village was trading pins (or trading jersy's/gear. Josh got shirts from Thailand, Germany, South Africa, New Zeland, etc.) They had this cool little lilly pond area in the middle.
9 comments:
That is so cool! I didn't know your mom and sister were there too
Whit! It looks so amazing!! I cannot believe you were actually there! And that you got a photo of Michael Phelps!! LUUUUCKY. ;) Lemme guess, it was Seth M. who made that request? :)
Sounds like you guys had a really good time. I can't believe you got a picture of "phelpy" (that's what I started calling him while I was yelling at the TV screen and urging him to go faster...I mean, did I really need to, come on?!?). Have you guys recovered from the Jet lag yet? Good Times.
So amazing! What an unbelievable experience! Way to get a picture with Phelps! Oh when do you guys get to TN? Good luck with all the move stuff!
that's really cool! we're all so proud of josh, Koe was telling everyone at church to watch and cheer for him! and i'm glad you got to go! this will be an amazing story to tell millie, can't wait to meet her!
Whitney,
that is awesome that you got to be in China and were able to support Josh. I bet it was an amazing experience. And you got a photo with Phelps!! Pretty cool!
How cool Whit! You look so good, and little. It looks like you had a blast in China. I'm jealous of your picture with Phelps!! Lucky duck! Hope you are doing good, only a few more weeks to go until our babies get here. Yeah!
In the pic with Michael Phelps, you don't even look pregnant. How did you find him??? That is SO awesome.
Hope you're feeling good and liking your new home!
Whitney,
I can't believe that you got a photo with Phelps!! Did you get to shake his hand or anything? If so I hope you haven;t washed that hand.
Seth
Post a Comment