Saturday, February 27, 2010

follow up


A couple people wanted the Magelby's syrup recipe so I just decided to post it


1 stick butter/marg.
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. buttermilk (or i use this substitute: 1/2 c. milk mixed with 1/2 T. vinigar or lemmon-
let sit 1 min.)
1 T. Karo syrup
1 T. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking soda


combine all ingredients except baking soda, bring just to a boil. Remove from heat and add baking soda and stir stir stir! serves 6-8


A couple people also wondered about the fortune cookies. Below is the link to the directions on Martha stewart.com


(only thing I changed was I used hot glue for some of the cookies, the fabric glue just wasn't holding super well.)

2 comments:

Roseanne said...

Thanks Whit!

Unknown said...

We tryed your syrup! DELISH! Thanks for sharing! Have you seen the Pottery Barn egg cups in this months magazine? I thought of you when I saw them!