I had a very, very delicious tart in sweeden this summer. I've been wanting to try and make it so I thought Valentines would be a good time to try. I broke down and invested in a tart pan, although I looked for mini tart pans but could not find them- anyone seen any? I made homeaid crust, covered with a thin layer of Milk chocolate, thin layer of custart, topped with cream, and strawberries. I also spread a thin glaze of pectin (knox jellatin) over the top. Not sure if glaze makes it look better or not?? sorry I'm not the best food photographer.
Top tart with out glaze... bottom tart with glaze
We made these cute topiaries at enrichment- the top is just felt circles

I made these for josh (marthastewart.com) & filled them with little love notes. Super easy to make & turn out really cute (just glue a floral wire inside a felt circle and then fill and glue shut)
Heart pancakes for breakfast with Maglby's buttermilk syrup (which by the way freezes fine and even re-develops it's froth when re-heated on the stove!!!) Candy boquet for Josh- despite what Millie thinks. I guess girls loving chocolate is inborn, she seems to know what it is even though she has RARELY even had chocolate... she even said chocolate the other day (of course it's her "own version" of the word chocolate)
Millie's mini arm chair that she got for Valentines. I hope to make a little reading nook for her over by our big book shelves some day ( It has helped us keep her face more than 3 inches from the Television. )
Hope you had a Happy Valentines!
14 comments:
Very cute on everything. Love Millie's chair!
The tart looks delicious! I think I might actually like it better without the pectin, but it looks delicious either ways! I love Millie's armchair!
Cute armchair. It's so smart to get one that can easily be wiped off, just in case food lands anywhere over there. My boys like to do their own thing when it comes to the kitchen. I also love the flower thing. So cute! That is so fun!
cute chair, I love it! And yum, that strawberry tart looks delicious..I think I just drooled.
I would do just about anything to have that strawberry tart goodness right now!!!!!
Oh the tart looked amazing! Would love the recipe for that! Also how to make the topiary, and a little more detail on the cute fortune cookies! Millie is getting so big and her chair is so fun. I like that it keeps her away from the TV!
How cute. Super culinary/crafty of you. :)
What a good wife you are! That's so cute! Love that fortune cookie craft and I need that recipe for the magelby's syrup :) SOOOO GOOOOD
Oh my goodness! The tart looks amazing!
I am wishing I was your neighbor all over again!
Totally want to make the fortune cookies.
Feeling guilty for not celebrating V-day like you did.
Grateful to you for sharing your creativity!
Thanks for all of the cute pics! You are so clever and creative. What a fun
valentines! Wish we were closer.
Whitney, you are so crafty! I love all of the pictures, eveyrthing looks amazing! Millie is getting big! love her chair and your family room (the little corner of it in the picture) looks super cute!
You are always super creative - I need to check out Martha Stewart I guess!
all of this is so so cute!! i kept thinking everything was a pic from a website and not something you actually made. i love it. i want to copy the fortune cookies and the candy vase and eat the tart, and i love the arm chair! we got a mini rocking chair at DI for 8 bucks that I am excited for Oliver to sit in. :)
i've been wanting to make a tart too, yours looks delish!
Post a Comment