Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Evan L.


I know this is old news in the way of the olympics but I just think this guy is so great. I think figure skating (despite many of the akward people involved in it) is my sport of choice during the winter olympics. I didn't like Evan at first, when in his mini-documantary aired during figure skating coverage, he sat there all sullen, and claimed to work harder than anyone else (that REALLY annoys me when people claim that) BUT after watching him state I could see how maybe it was true! I know some are upset about the Russian guy who is the only one who can do a quad-whatever but if you've seen them skate there is no argument who's skating and form and pretty much any movement made, has more "beauty" !!! I began to love how evan tries to play the bad dude, walking around in his big black boots like he's patric swayze from dirty dancing; but inside I think he really is just a nice guy! Again manifest by his quadrouple arm pumps right after his gold medal performance- not afraid to show his excitement about his work. For him it seemed like whether or not he got the gold was kinda beside the point, he had a great performance, and he was excited about it and wasn't afraid to show it! Way to GO E.L. (in my oppinion: Dick Button's goin' down!)

4 comments:

Rachel Hubbard said...

I grew fond of him after his interview on NBC. He was so gracious about his win, and his competitor, I was so impressed! Kris and I both thought he was incredible, and definitely deserved to win!

Elena said...

I second Rachel and couldn't agree more with you, Whitney. I think Evan's performance was absolutetly beautiful! The russian dude was pretty sure he was going to win, which annoyed me. After all he wasn't that great on ice at all!

The Bailey's said...

I was really happy for Evan. I was surprised to learn that he was not gay...he is atually dating Nastia Luikin..the olympic gymnist..He was awesome!

Michelle and Andy said...

I sent Josh an email to his netscape address I have. Hope he got it.