We got back from Sweden a few days ago and had a GREAT trip. I love visiting other countries and seeing the fashion, FOOD, and life styles. The "feel" of sweden was very nordic. Lots of trolls, gnomes, ships, and striped clothing, vikings, reindeer/moose and lingonberries. The style was very modern and clean (ie ikea). I felt that Sweden was kind of a mix between Germany and France. The woodland and magic of germany mixed with the glamor of france
Josh's race went well, it was an international race with lots of good guys. Going into the race he was ranked 12th out of 16 guys, and he finished 5th!
Here are some of the highlights of our trip...
Gamla Stan: old city. This row of buildings is one of the most photographed areas in the old city. it is in a cute little square with traditional restaurants all around the perimiter. The old city was soo cool because you really felt like you were taking a step back in time, it was a very large area filled with delicious restaraunts, shops, cool buildings, and street preformers.
Stockholm has alot of "inlets" and rivers and lakes. The entrance to the old city was just across this bridge. I like this photo because it shows some of the cool buildings and then this guy on his bike with a basket on it- which seemed to be very standard in Sweden.
While we were in the old city we saw a portion of what we think was the changing of the guard. They played music and wore very nice outfits.
Our hotel was in downtown Stockholm near the old city. This was the view from our room. On sunday morning the bells were ringing and it almost felt magical!
After Josh's race was over we wanted to see more countryside and not just the big tourist city of Stockholm (though stockholm was great.) We rented a car and drove west. We stoped at a few castles and churches. This was one little city that we stopped at. Beautiful! Across the bay was teh castle below.
Another beautiful castle. All the castles we saw were built on bodies of water making them all the more spectacular!
An old church in the country just 30 min. outside of Stockholom.
This trip may very well have been mine and Josh's last trip (alone) together for a long time. Though I'm so glad to have millie giving up on the great travels has been one of the hard things for me...so world, catch ya later.
8 comments:
It would be so amazing to travel the world. What a lucky girl you are.
Tell Josh "Awesome Job" for us. He just keeps getting better and better.
What a fun trip! It looks beautiful! I especially love the troll! I love Europe! Also, your ice cream cone looks delicious!
Hey Girl- it sure looks like you've been having fun this summer. Headed back to Memphis soon? Your family pic is adorable on top...one day we'll have to go on a trip together!...and do pedicures! Well, take care of yourself! I sure miss interacting with you and your sweet family! ttyl
What fabulous pictures and memories to go along with each! Glad you guys had a great time and Josh a successful race :)
Now I really want to go see Sweden. What a cool trip! Thanks for sharing your pics, it's always nice to see the places you've been.
Oh my gosh, Sweden is gorgeous! Although you'd think it would have to be pretty amazing judging by Ikea...I love the friendly troll (did I know this magical folk thing aobut you?), the ice cream, the architecture, and esp. the bikes! where can I get one of those? I'm glad you were able to get out on a trip just the two of you, so hard to do nowadays. Oh and happy late birthday! :)
Hey Whitney! If you have some time, I was wondering if I could get your address? My brother asked me to get some for is wedding invitations. My email is vienta78@gmail.com
Great read thannks
Post a Comment