Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sweden





I got a great present for my birthday this year, a trip to Sweden! We arrived in Sweden on Wednesday and will be here till tuesday. Although we are really here for Josh's race, we decided that since it was over my Birthday I could come for my present! So far it has been great! (I posted a couple photos of some of the buildings around us, although they are not the best, pretty much any where you aim your camera would end up being a pretty picture) Sweden is a very beautiful country, beautiful people who have great style!
just a short note about food: (of course i couldn't go with out mentioning the food) The bottom photo is my "birthday cake" a strawberry cream tart. The shell was delicious with a thin layer of hardened chocolate, then a thin layer of vanilla custard across the bottom, next it is filled with cream and then topped with fresh swedish strawberries and covered in a layer of sweetened pectin.
stay tuned for a better post on our sweden trip :)

10 comments:

Kara said...

I was gonna say. Nice bday present. I bet you guys love traveling all over for Josh's races! Happy bday. When do you guys get back?

Jami said...

Happy Birthday Whitney! I hope you have fun. I'm a little bit jealous!

Bonnie said...

So fun! I am totally jealous! Happy Birthday!

Jenna said...

Wow! Hope you have a great time. And of course there was a picture of food! Happy Birthday!

meghannamarie said...

YUMMY! I hope you had a great birthday and I also hope all goes well while you are there in Sweeden! Miss you it was great seeing you in UT!

Roseanne said...

Happy Birthday Whit! I meant to call you but totally spaced it, it's a good thing though cause I don't think I could afford the phone call to Sweden :) Looks beautiful. I can't wait to see more pictures I would love to go to Sweden someday.

Elena said...

Happy Birthday! What a nice b-day present. I love Sweden, isn't it just beautiful? Are you guys in Stockholm? Have fun! I'm pretty jealous!

Devin said...

Happy Birthday Whit! It sounds like you're having an amazing time in sweden!and your birthday cake is mouth watering.

Tiffany said...

Oh that sounds like such a fun trip. I would love to visit Sweden someday. So is your Mom watching Millie? How nice to have such a fun B-day!

Unknown said...

I want some of that ice cream!!! Bring some home next time and share!