Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Autobahn to Prague

Czechs have such a great sense of humor! I rented a car at 6am. Picked up Coach and then we FLEW down the Autobahn at 110mph in the slow lane to Prague.
Prague is incredible. This is The St. Vitus' Cathedral. St. Vitus wouldn't tell the King who the queen was sleeping around with after her confesssion so the King had him killed and thrown in the river. Coach and I huffed it on it foot right after our tour ended to try and get to it before it closed. Got there at 5:42pm. The cathedral doors closed at 5:40pm. So even though we didn't get to see the inside, it was still worth the run. I've decided I love Gothic architecture. This clock is the Old Town Horologe. Some Czech guy built it in 1410 and it was cutting edge technology. It was so incredible that he was thanked by having his eyes gauged out so that he couldn't creat another one like it. He cursed it and it didn't work for nearly 100 years until someone was able to fix it.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josh, the girl looking at you has a disgusted look on her face, what is she looking at?

Clint

Whitney said...

that looks way pretty. I like the Berliner Dammer building!!!