A week ago I begrudgingly ran the provo river half marathon. I had wanted to do it, but then as it got closer I almost didn't sign up because I felt like I'd be dissapointed because I wasn't in as good of shape after Millie... but my friend Maren and sister Tracy were going to do it so I decited it'd do it anyways. I'm glad i did because I ended up feeling SOOO great and getting a PR by 2 min! I ran a 1:28! The course is so pretty and mostly down hill- (so if any of you are looking for a half marathon to do sign up for this one! it's getting really popular with 3,500 runners this year)
It's races like this that keep me motivated to run... you feel good, in controll, but you know that you are really pushing yourself. When you're finished you're just so proud of yourself for going through that much pain and not giving up!
The race finished at riverwoods where they had fruit, pancakes, and a live band! not to mention an ice cold provo river to ice your achy legs in. Tracy, Maren (my old roomie from BYU) and me. We were all so happy because we all did better than we'd expected :)
EPIC Family "Vacation"
6 years ago
5 comments:
1:28? That's amazing. I usually run a 9 miler in that time. You would have smoked me!
Good Job. Tell Tracy good job too!
MAREN! How is she?! Please tell her hi for me and that I've looked for her on facebook like a thousand times! I'm impressed...we were eating at Magelby's while you were all running. haha.
Wow! I'm impressed! Way to get back in shape that is such a great time!
So fun to see pics of the race! Good times. I loved seeing pics of your trip! That sounded amazing! I'm jealous you world traveler!!
You guys guys are awesome congrats on your PR!!!
Post a Comment