So what's the best thing since white bread? 6th gear on the Autobahn. I was going like 190km in this Peugot 308 on my way to Munich and Audis and BMW are still flying by me. I'm red lining it and thinking, "How are they going by me so fast?" I stop at one of my sites and when I get back in the car I have to reverse. Well R is up and to the left and you have to pull up a little lever. And that's when I noticed my little friend 6th Gear in the bottom right. Well it was 210km/hour after that...and not in the red zone. Glorious.
I meant to go to the St Lorenz Cathedral in the picture but I ended up at this church first. And after going in the church this little old lady motions me to the back to the tower. We hike up it and she lets me go by her after about 20 stairs. I kept trying to listen to hear for a stroke or a fall from this lady. I was worried about myself too (I'm carrying about 20 extra pounds right now). But I make it to the top and I did notice the sign at the bottom that said 1,50 Euros but surely they would collect it at the bottom before you hiked up like 3,000 stairs. Nope! This lady at the top only speaking German was asking for the money. I said, "Mein Geld ist in mein Auto. Ich will gehen und geben das Geld." She said not to worry about it, but I felt like I should. The church and the tower were awesome and I felt like a building of God deserved it. So after I took this picture and realized I wasn't even in the Cathedral, I ran down to my car and back up the 3,000 stairs (not really) and gave her 2,00 Euros and told her to keep the change. She gave me a postcrad. Needless to say I was pitting big time.
Finally I made it to Munich and I went to eat some Bavarian food. To my glee, there was a horde of dudes dresses in Lederehosen. Apparently, this small village has a tradition once a year where they sit around to protect the trees from getting cut down. If not many trees are cut down, it's a success. Well obviously there isn't much to do but drink. So they drink and wait, drink and wait. And then drink to celebrate a successful year for the tress. One guy said it's just another reason to drink. They offered to buy me a drink but I told them I was Mormon, and it probably wouldn't help my driving on the Autobahn. They liked that one.
EPIC Family "Vacation"
6 years ago
1 comments:
I'm jealous, if I had my way I'd spend my life going on trips. You still in Provo?
Post a Comment