Tuesday, March 31, 2009

That is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO disgusting!

So we went out of town to CA. this weekend and had a great time (I'll post about that later). While we were there one of the things I enjoied was that I was not on edge about what disgusting bug might be lurking around the corner. As we came home one of the problems we faced: how many bugs will be in our house?... anyways, we went to bed last night and i usually put my cell phone under my pilllow so the alarm is quieter. I lifted up my pillow and wah-lah, there is a cockroach under it!!! I freaked out, of course and Josh had to come to my rescue: Although, I don't think this incident is anything that I can be truly rescued from. The image of that cockroach running around in my bed is something that will be forever burned in my mind. It took me 50 min. to fall asleep because I just couldn't stop thinking about it.

Bugs we've found in our house this week:

9 cockroaches
2 potatoe bugs
3 spiders
3 beedles
1 black and red hornet
1 worm
1 caterpiller
1 slug

so, sorry Lowe's but your do-it-yourself bug spray just isn't cutting it at our house. We need professional help. I will pay what ever is necessary to never find a cockroach in my bed (or anywhere else) again. If any memphis people happen accross this post let me know if you have any reccomendations.

15 comments:

Melanie said...

Bugs.....disgusting.

I am usually the bug killer in our house (Side note: When Rob and I were dating I picked up a praying mantis once and Rob told me that he would never hold my hand again.....big baby). Having said that.....I have NEVER seen a cockroach in my life and not sure I could handle that situation. Especially in my bed. Yuck! I feel for you.

Haylee said...

ewwwww!! I would have died! I can't believe you guys have so many cockroaches in your house... we've had one in our apartment. I didn't see it and I immediately called to have pest control spray (the lucky thing about being in an apartment i guess... We don't have to pay for it) I am not a fan of bugs though, so I am sorry you have to endure that. YUCK!

John and Rachel Erickson said...

Yuck! Now I'm kind of glad we decided against the house. Our apartment has been spick and span (also on the second floor-Memphis bugs must be lazy). I would get it professionally sprayed.

Bonnie said...

That is so gross, I so feel for you. Last summer we had some ant issues and when I saw ants in Brookes' bed I went nuts and that is not even half as gross as a cockroach! Definitely get it sprayed, gross TN bugs!

Christiansen Clan said...

Call Orkin ASAP. I know there are probably other local pest control peeps there in Memphis but we've used Orkin and love it. They will come back and re-treat anytime you want. If i see a spider, I call. I feel for you. Good luck!

Unknown said...

The nightmares!!! I am sooo sorry!

Brittany and Marcin said...

Unbelievable!!! That is seriously so gross. I don't have any advice on who to call, but I'd do it ASAP!!! There's nothing worse than roaches.

KellySummer said...

that is the sickest thing ever. you better not tell tracy that, or hope she doesn't read this, or any thoughts of moving to memphis will probably disapear.

as a side note, we have never found a bug in our house. :) however, our house shakes so much the walls are cracking every time the train goes by, or the wind blows hard. but bugs are worse. it think you shoudl take pictures of the bugs and have a post of all sorts of sick bugs.

Kachelle said...

I'm soooooo sorry! that's awful! i'm totally afraid of all bugs. it's kindof irrational though. it has nothing to do with how dangerous they are, it's how ugly they are. crickets are on the top of my fear list. i hope you find something soon!!!!! maybe see if you can find a bug spray supplier, they might be able to sell you something the professionals use that will help.

Mindy said...

Oh, oh, oh! Oh! I am soooo sorry! Oh! Oh! Shaking my head in agony for you!!! PAY whatever necessary. Let us know how it works out! Ugh! Oh!

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

um...you've made me love my small, small, small bug-free apartment a little more. I'm so sorry that happened to you! I'm still haunted my the cockroach that joined me in the shower when I was 5.

Kate said...

I'm so sorry Whitney. Finding a cockroach in my bed is one of my biggest fears out here in the desert. I used to pull back the covers and sheets all the way and check under Brian and my pillows every night before bed. I think your experience might inspire my to start doing that again. So sorry again.

allegra said...

oh no!!! in your bed?! come on? i'm sooo sorry. i hope no more buggies decide to get cozy with you. yuck. we had roaches during our internship in Phoenix and they creeped me out.

Andy said...

Better call Clark Pest Control!

R and A Lambert said...

Sick. I got a roach in my bed one time too. So gross. My mom always uses this powder stuff. I'm not sure what it is called, but the bugs are attracted into the box, the powder sticks to their legs, and then they carry it back and all their eggs and babies are covered in the powder. The powder then softens the outer shell and they can't survive w/ a soft shell. I'd probably do that and spray if you've seen that many roaches.