Last weekend we all went out to California to watch Josh open his season with a race at Stanford. It was such a nice trip! georgous weather, good company, good entertainment, and time away from Memphis! Ahhh! Despite the fact that Josh has been super busy going to school, he still finds time to do some good training. He won this race... and felt really good! He ran a 8:36 which is good for a first race of the season! Way to go Josh! There was some good competition including Mike Spence (#71 in the blue), one of our friends from Ogden, who has been 6th at U.S.A.'s for the past 2 years.
I love chocolate, but not as much as my sister Kelly.
There was a taste test after the tour. It's funny how if I would have just bought these chocolates somewhere and eaten them on my own I would just be like. Oh, these are good, and then not think much of it. But when you are in the chocolate factory and have just had the confection making process explained to you, and when each chocolate is being described with the process it is created by and the ingredients that are used to make it, it just makes the chocolate so much more delicious, magical, and enjoyable! you revel over every bite. (like the jade factory in china for those of you who were there with me)
This is one of their boxes of chocolates. The entire box is made of chocolate. Even that cute spring flower decor is edible chocolate (made out of a transfer sheet of cocoa butter) cost $60.
So, thanks Josh for an amazing weekend!
7 comments:
How fun that all sounds. I liked that conservatory building and also the edible chocolate design - very cool!
a) i love that pic of you and millie
b) san fran is my favorite place i've ever been. i am jealous.
c) i want to go to charlie's chocolate fac and the flower conservatory
i forgot d) duh!! congrats josh!! we were just talking today wondering why we never heard the "detes" about your race. send us the live link next time jerks!
Sounds fun! Any vacation that involves chocolate is sure to be a good one!
Hey! I thought I had your email addy too but I can't seem to find it. Anyway, Yes I would love to do your family pictures. I am free most anytime. Evenings around 5:30ish are best for lighting. Just let me know when would work for you. We are free for dinner most nights too so whenever is best for you guys, let me know what to bring. My email addy is eatonk8@gmail.com and my number is 901.216.5979.
That trip seems way fun! I love the picture of you and Millie. It looks like you're loving being a Mommy!
Good job Josh on your race and Happy belated Birthday! Your trip sounded like a blast. What I would give for the sun. =) I love Millie's face in the bottom picture because it completely reminds me of Logan. In fact, it makes me want to go cuddle him but he's asleep and I know not to wake him up! You guys make such a cute family.
Post a Comment