Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I love my Orem "neighbors"

Last summer we made the big move out to Orem. I've s tumbled across many reasons why we might actually be living in the Bayou, rather than in Orem. I only have photo documentation of 2 such reasons. (now, please remember that we live in the middle of the city, right behind target)

1.

this is right where you turn get into our neighborhood. So, for directions, we just say, take a left hand turn right after the Emu.

2.

This is a house right around the corner from us. Of course it looks worse in person... but, yes, it belongs in the bayou. There are several others with random fridges and roosters and hound dogs lounging around in the front yard. (but people were outside so I didn't dare take a photo documentation...)

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

What good practice you're getting for living in Memphis! You'll get to TN and still feel like you live in Orem, Ut. I loved the pictures, they were pretty quality!

Koi said...

So they just roam through you yard at random? Crazy, we just get quail.
In a side note, I don't know how you can watch Josh race especially being pregnant. I just watched the video footage you have on a previous post and even though I knew he was going to win, my stomach was still in knots! Good luck Josh on the 3rd and 5th!

meghannamarie said...

That is like living in Thatcher AZ. Justin and I used to refer to the chickens that roamed our "yard" as pets!

Tiffany said...

Ha ha! That's funny, we use the Emu as a landmark when we go on walks to the park. Great post!