Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I just can't win

(Disclaimer: Sorry, this is kindof a disgusting post and if you scroll down there is a photo that may be disturbing to you...) So, at my appartment there are 2 parking spots that I could park in. Josh was "nice" and let me have the one in the shade so that my car would be cooler. However, the shade is made by a big tree that is right next to a cherry tree... needless to say, above photo is the amount of bird poo that my car collects in 5 days time (I washed my car last week). I was upset and embarassed by this so I went out to take a photo of it this morning; only to find...


This dead bird splatted on my windshield! I dunno, maybe it had too many cherries and developed IBS which eventually lead to it's death? OR- the bird had no markings on it, it didn't seem like it was a violent death... which leads me to believe... WEST NILE!!! I wanted to call the animal people to have them test the bird but Josh thought I was being to dramatic.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Whitney! I found your blog through the Marvin's blog, hope that's okay. So sad for the bird AND your car!! It looks like the bird is under the windshield wiper... how does that happen? Anyway, cute blog!

meghannamarie said...

Maybe you should call anyway I guess they (whoever they are) are telling people that if you find a dead bird to call someone (not that you kept it or anything) I remember hitting a bird in my car and taking it out of the grill looking just like that!