Sunday, May 23, 2010

I know I bag on Memphis alot, but there are several things I really like about it too. I really like how people are very religious, and very open about religion! When going through the checkout line, instead of the cashier saying "how are you today", often times they say "Are you having a blessed day?" So, a couple weeks ago I was finishing my grocery shopping at target and a cute little girl who was about 8 or 9 handed me this little paper (above). She had written a whole stack of them in her note book, tore them out and brought them to target (her mom was grocery shopping) to hand them out! I was so grateful for her simple little act (with great courage.) It was just such a special thing to do, and It made me feel so happy! I keep this on my fridge so I can see it every day to remember what is so important. so, I pass this onto you... I hope you know, jesus loves you too!

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

That is something I love about living in the South. It was kind of weird to me when I first moved here, but I really like it now. What a sweet little girl, how cute!

Mindy said...

That is so precious! And, your magnents are adorable!

Whitney said...

thank you! my magnets are adorable aren't they? My sis. made them for me and I love them!

KellySummer said...

Hey! i was just coming on here to post about how great your magnets are. that must be a lovely sister you have that would make those for you...

Jenna said...

that's really neat

The Sullengers said...

I was going to say I love the magnets too...boo for them being made...I want to buy some :)

Amber said...

I totally miss that about the south. There are constant reminders everywhere there!

Tiffany said...

Oh that is the sweetest thing! What a well taught little girl she is. Thanks for sharing.