Thursday, June 03, 2010

Almost, but not quite

Do you remember this Delicous stuff?
It used to be .89 cents at Albertsons and we would beg our mom to buy us some everytime we were there. I would usually chooose boysenberry or raspberry and sip on a bottle savoring the flavor for several hours- to make it last as long as I could. Wikapedia says it "was extremely popular in the 1980s and early 90s, but fell out of favor in later years"- but not to this girl!!! I have been searching for a bottle of this delicous stuff for years!
Found this drink at target (by the deli) and was hoping it may be like Clearly Canadian- it was!!! Not quite as good of course but had a similar deliciousness! After this bottle was gone (to quickly) I searched online and found you can purchase Clearly canadian at www.DrSoda.com ($1.89 a bottle, plus shipping, but it's worth it! that's what I've asked for for my birthday. Don't know if I Can wait!

6 comments:

Buddy said...

I remember that drink, but I thought it was strictly a Canadian drink. I didn't know it used to be available in the US too. Hope it ends up tasting as great as you remember it!

meghannamarie said...

I LOVED Clearly Canadian! I totally forgot about it thanks for the trip! Hey are you guys staying in TN for the summer or are you heading out to Utah?

Melanie said...

That's awesome. My mom used to drink it all of the time.

Tiffany said...

That's so funny, I don't even like carbonation, but I used to love those drinks. That's like a blast from the past! How cool that you found some you can order!

Michelle said...

Wow, I forgot about that! I loved it too! I didn't know it was ever available in the States.

Unknown said...

SOOOOOO GOOOOODD!!! I totally miss that stuff. It reminds me of summer.