This last weekend we went down to Mississippi to run the "killer kudzu 5k"- it was in a town, "Holly Springs" that I'm certain inspired the town that "Cars" takes place in! So strange to take a step back into time as you enter this town!
Josh has been working hard getting back into shape. He was 2nd but with a pretty good time, so that's positive! This was only his 2nd race since August.
I on the other hand had my "Baby Jogger Debut" I ran 2.6 miles of the race pushing this little (crying) girl. After Josh finished he came and got her so I could "kick it in"... I must admit, with a stroller, I was proud of my 4th place 22:59! (1st in my age group though, ha ha)
Besides being buckled down in the stroller for 23 min. mill had a blast... she loved climbing all over the steps of the old city hall, and gourged her self on watermellon and juice boxes (from the post-race food)
8 comments:
how fun, I have heard that is a really fun place to visit and there is a place with really good burgers!
YOu two are so awesome! Congrats on your 4th place even with a jogging stroller! you guys look great we miss you!
Way to go! We wish we could have joined you down there, but we didn't make it.
How great! Good work on the race too!
My parents' neighbor, Lynette Jakins (south african from THS) wanted me to tell you hi!
This will be a nerdy question ... What material is your running top made out of? :) AND: I love the arrow to the man. :)
Great job on the race! you are amazing. and the man, that is too funny!
Hey Whitney - we are staying here! Kash is at the VA right now, school in the fall, and then Olive Branch in the spring. Did you guys eat at Phillip's Grocery for their good burgers? If not, you will have to take another trip down there. I like Holly Springs. Are you guys going to stay here next year?
Congrats on the race to both of you! Pushing a stroller is tough! I'm way impressed! Nice!
Post a Comment