We had been feeling bad for our friends because they had been "Automotivly challenged"- they kept having random expensive car troubles. Then we starting having all sorts of things break and decided we were electronically challenged. In the past 2 weeks-
Sep 3- arrived home to a broken DVD player
Sep 4- found our travel DVD player to be broken (just used it the day prior)
Sep 6- my phone broke, I could text and someone could call me and hear what I was saying but I couldn't hear them
Sep 7- Josh's phone broke- just completely froze
Sep 9- got new phones
Sep 10- Josh is driving home from school and his "manifold" to his muffler started falling off and was dragging under his car the whole 15 miles... now we start to become not only electronically challenged but automotively challenged too. NO!
Sep 10- my new phone was defective and broke, went back, traded phone
Sep 14- computer just randomly shuts down and will not turn back on
Sep 16- go out to start my car and it won't start- battery's dead. completely (The car people kept telling me it was getting old)
I had some good photos to post, but, until our computer's up and running I'll just have to make boring posts like this. BUT- the good news of my life is that today the Pest control people are coming. AMEN! get those cockroaches and spiders outa my life!!!
EPIC Family "Vacation"
6 years ago
6 comments:
Hey Whitney! It has been forever! I'm sorry to hear about all your electronic/car troubles. Hope all is going well for you. Keep me posted on all that's going on in the Walnut Grove Ward. We sure miss it out there but are enjoying the West again. Take care,
Erin F.
That is no fun! Hopefully it doesn't last too long. And as for getting Millie to sleep through the night...I really feel for you. I don't know that this is a perfect solution for everyone, but I finally had to let Logan cry it out. I was still feeding him, so gradually I stopped giving him as much, and then I even tried to just give him 2-4 oz. of water. I read that one somewhere- they said to give them water and after a couple of nights they'll realize it isn't worth getting up for because it isn't filling like milk. I'm not sure if it worked. Mainly I just had to let him cry and boy did he. I think our record was 2 hours or so. Of course I made sure he was safe and because he was I could let him cry. It's miserable listening to your baby cry like that (and being kept up b.c of his crying), but it really only took 2 or 3 nights of it and he has slept through the night ever since. He has woken up a couple of times in the middle of night since then (when sick) and I've taken care of him but then as soon as I can I let him cry it out again and let him get used to it again. Sorry for the novel! Hope it helps!
Sorry all your stuff is breaking! I think it is so funny because somehow stuff like that always happens all at once! You can never have just one thing break it has to be everything! Well I hope your stuff starts working and that you are not so electronically challenged!
Whit- That is kind of funny, but kind of sad. We've had really expensive months where everything just breaks at once too. It stinks. I need to call you sometime soon. Maybe tonight... :)
That is one hilarious post! Hope your electronic/ automotive skills or "luck" come back soon! We are a technological society you know! By the way, I loved your posts of Germany. My husband served in Austria he loved the pics too. I want that ice cream and Strawberry cake thing!
"isn't it ironic"
a favorite song of mine by Alanis Moresette.
I love finding ironic situations and stories to share. I'm sorry yours is such a frustrating and likely costly one :(
Post a Comment