Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our little chub-o

Last year we investede in a nicer camera and had been enjoying it, but as fate would have it, it broke a few days before Millie was born (Luckily it was still under waranty). We sent it in to get fixed and just got it back this week. (the camera we were using in place of it was not very great and only worked when it wanted to) Now we can post some more photos of Millie!



I took Millie to the Doctor last week... she weighed in at 9.8 lbs. just 13 days before (at her 2 week check up) she weighed 8.0 lbs. We think it's funny b/c the average weight gain for a baby is 6 0z a week. So, she should have gained almost 12 oz. in that time frame, but she gained 24 oz. Way to go Millie! I guess if she's like Josh and I it'll go straight to her thighs... jk. (Josh always got teased by his running teamates about his big legs. They'd call him cottage cheese legs etc.) We've been having a ton of fun Millie! She's still been a really good baby; she loves baths, "tummy time", and whispers and is starting to learn to lift her head up! Everybody says your kids grow up so fast, it really is true. It makes me kindof sad that she has outgrown her first outfit, and is almost to big for the Newborn diapers. Our little Mills really is just growing up so fast!




Josh's fav. sunday activity... Napping

13 comments:

Unknown said...

WOOOOOHOOOOO! Way to go Whitney!! You must have BUTTER! Nice job. She is SOOOOOO cute.

Unknown said...

I hope I just didn't offend you. I am under the assumption that you are nursing. So I meant the above comment in a fun way! I nursed and know how hard it can be, but i also love the bottle.

Melanie said...

Why to go Millie.....

She can have the creme and you can keep the skim (that is, assuming you are nursing).

I hope things are going well and you are getting a LITTLE sleep.

Melanie said...

Why to go Millie.....

She can have the creme and you can keep the skim (that is, assuming you are nursing).

I hope things are going well and you are getting a LITTLE sleep.

Leslie said...

Oh she is a doll! They don't stay newborn very long, huh? I hate putting away baby clothes, it almost makes me cry every time. I do love those daddy/daughter nap time pictures. And where did you get your couch pillows?! Would I expect anything less than a cute house with your taste? :)

Jill said...

What a doll!! So glad you posted more pictures of Millie. Can never post too many pictures!

Amy said...

Whit...I love, love, LOVE that first pic of Millie. She looks just like you! So cute....

The Bailey's said...

She is so beautiful, and yes they do grow way too fast. Seeing her makes me want this baby to be another girl, they are so fun! Glad she is gaining weight! You are such a cute mama.

Shelly Moon said...

Millie is soo cute! I love her chubby cheeks! My kids weren't ever chubby! I just love baby chub!

Bonnie said...

I love chubby babies! She is such a cuite! It really is ridiculous how fast they grow at that age, it seemed like was constantly growing out of clothes!

Anonymous said...

hahaha millie is a chub chub. can't wait to squeeze her little face and bum. ha oh and way cute outfit! love the boots!!

ShaeandJustin said...

You must have pure cream for milk! That's how my babies are, big weight gainers. Traeke was over 10lbs at his 2 week appointment. He was 8 lbs 8oz when we left the hospital. Millie is so cute! I hope you are having fun being a mommy, it sure is rewarding!

Lara said...

Guess what is so funny Whitney, my visiting teacher's name is Millie Layng! She's in her 90's. It's amazing how names have come full circle generation wise. Cute blog and DARLING baby! The chubbier the better.