Well, we've been in TN. for a week short of a whole semester! I can't believe we've been here that long! There are some things I like about it here.
The Good
1. shelby farms park
2. the nice big trees
3. mine and millie's doctors
4. Baptist Memorial Hospital
5. our ward
6. the new "atmosphere"
7. way friendly people when ever you go out to the store
8. Howards Doughnuts, "Baby Time" and Reundevous
9. SCO and all the SCO and LDS SCO students and wives!
10. Cheaper gas
The Bad
1. horrible drivers
2. no mountains
3. no snow
4. Chuck Ward (our Morgage officer)
5. Expensive groceries- especially Milk!
6. dumb grass
7. no sidewalks
8. lots of mental-bentals
9. Coachroaches and Brown Recluse spiders all over your house!!!
The Ugly!!!!
see number 9 above.
I could have attached many photos of "The Ugly" for your viewing pleasure but I remember when my Friend Leslie put a nasty picture of a spider on her blog and it is giving me chills just thinking about it... so i decited to spare you. Anyways, this week I found 2 Brown Recluse spiders in my house. I was so disgusted! and so Angry! I spent an entire shower trying to figure out who to be mad at... b/c it seems dumb to be mad at a spider. Then today I had all the SCO 1st year wives over for lunch and we had 2 surprise guests join our luncheon... coachroaches. Kinda embarasing to have all those gals over and in wander nasty coachroaches. blah! (not to mention the night I woke up in the middle of the night to see an earwig on my bed, crawling towards me) oh, the woes!!!
EPIC Family "Vacation"
6 years ago
11 comments:
ew! gross. i know what you mean--i found multiple cockroaches in our apartment when we first moved in. since i haven't seen them. maybe it's the roach traps i strategically placed through the house:) and yuck for spiders! hate those too...
but glad that at least the gas is cheaper and you're liking it out there
We found a slug in our pantry! bleh. Thanks again for today!
Don't be embarrassed about the roaches, we still enjoyed our soup. Now if it was a spider... :) You should get your milk at Costco, it's a lot cheaper there. Thanks for letting us come to your beautiful house. I'm still really jealous of your Pottery barn rug.
THe bugs here are nasty!! Luckily I haven't found any in our apartment... I would probably freak! But no worries about the ones at lunch... no one thinks it is because of your house, we just think its because we are in the south. Thanks for today it was fantastic!
I had a great time at our lunch! I don't even remember a roach. =) Thanks for the soup; it was "souper!!" (hehe)
I'm sure you've tried lots of remedies for your nasty friends, but this is what we've tried/use. We found the cochroach hotels, put EVERYWHERE in our house in Hawaii helped. Also, we get those nasty spiders here, too - I get the sticky traps at Home Depot and the Ortho Spider spray. The spray is safe for Millie and it works outside and in. Anyway, that's my 2 cents. I'm sure it won't take them all away, but will alleviate some of your panic!
Yikes! Sorry to hear about the very ugly. We have a bunch of cockroaches in Ridgecrest too but I haven't seen any in a while because the weather is finally cool enough that it kills a bunch off. Brown Recluses, that's kind of scary. I've never seen one but we get the big fatty black widows.
Just keep enjoying that nice green park you have. We miss the green in the desert.
Sorry babe. I had to leave this. But I think we do have Coach Roaches. Those are the type of Roaches that tell all the other ones to pick it up and work harder. They instill motivation and desire. But when a I see a coachroach running around with a whistle in it's mouth, then we need to start worrying.
Whitney I assure you that Betsy was even worse in person!! I had to get out a paper bag that night because I thought I was hyperventilating. :)
I do love your list, funny I love and hate some of the same things about Texas. And what do you mean by dumb grass, because I think we have it too. Also the mental-bentals and the brown recluses. But are you for sure they are brown recluses? We never know, we never want to know. :)
Glad you are surviving the infestation, it's totally worth it for donuts and cheap gas, right?
YUCK...now I feel itchy all over just thinking about the horrid creatures. Yup Bri's engaged...they just bought a house, and are getting married sometime in the new year. Millie is a cutie pie!
I'd love to see your picture of us in orange/yellow. Mine didn't turn out super good, it was kind of dark. Our family picture :) So funny we all wore that color.
YEA! I can't wait to hang out with you guys and see little Millie! Just call me when you guys get here.
Post a Comment