Friday, November 02, 2007

I hate my Job


I just have to take this opportunity to publicly announce how much I hate my Job!!! I think I'd rather clean mens dorm room bathrooms all day...I'd have quit weeks ago, but the trouble is, I'm a teacher. I work at Jr. High. I teach classes that consists of kids who: 1. were failing another class and their counsoler didn't want them to get an F so they put them in my class mid-term (which totally displacees any accountability they have for grades and for not doing their H.W.) or 2. They were disrupting their other class or being a behavior problem so they were transfered into my class. (That's no lie) Help!

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

That sucks! It is so miserable to not like what you are doing. Teaching can be sooo hard and you seem to have an extra difficult teaching job. But remember even though it may not seem like it what you are doing is important and it does make a difference. Good luck!

Brittany and Marcin said...

I say quit. :) You know how I feel about teaching! It's so fun seeing you and Josh! Here's the link for our blog:
vaclaws.blogspot.com

Jami said...

Yeah. Maybe you should quit. It seems like a really annoying situation.

Brittany and Marcin said...

so this has nothing to do with this post but your vote / poll is hilarious! ps... could you e-mail me those pics from the xc meet? bvaclaw@gmail.com

Unknown said...

that is definetly crappy. it's sounds hard. i would throw lemons at them (he, he)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lorena said...

Hi Whitney - just saw your link from Kelly's blog. Sorry to hear about your job. I had to comment on this because I also could have written your exact same entry during a teaching job that I had a few years back. Since that year, I transfered out of public schools and found a great private school to teach at - and it has been night and day difference. Now I LOVE my teaching job and actually enjoy going in each day. I no longer count down the days and hours till the next weekend or holiday. It's great. So - get out of your current situation when the time is right - but just know that you don't have to give up on teaching completely. Maybe you just need to have different classes (without all the delinquents) or a different school that is more supportive. I guess the nice thing about private schools is that if a kid acts too out of line, they don't get to stay. Smaller classes too. Right now I teach a TOTAL of 46 students, split between four classes. It allows me to breath and enjoy my students.

megs said...

this post is SO whitney! I love it!!

Remember when we used to write notes for each other in Jr. High and fold them into crazy shapes... oh man, I miss you!

xoxo