Sunday, September 12, 2010

Delta Fair

We went out to the "Delta Fair" last week. Got a chance to rub shoulders with your typical southern fair go-ers..saw some good mulets and stuff. Josh and I were a little dissapointed that they had cancelled the rodeo and osterich racing, but I'm sure Millie was happy that she didn't have to sit though them!
Mill's first Merry-go-round ride.

They had a bunch of big tractors you could go sit on

The only event they hadn't cancled was this Banana Derby. These little monkeys would sit on the dogs back and they would race around the race track...


Brave Girlie. Pretty positive she'd try to pet any animal that got within her grasps

well, lets be honest. I was a little bit upset about this fair (pay $10 a ticket, then all the events are cancled, pay $3 more for all the rides, pay to see the "worlds smallest woman" who turned out to be a just a midget sitting on a little couch ha ha! I have seen the T.V. special on the real worlds smallest woman and that sure was not her!... ANYWAYS...) The shining star of the Delta fair was the deep fried goodies. Josh got himself some deep fried oreos and I chose a DEEP FRIED TWINKIE! so good. Warm, sweet, fattening, sprinkled in powdered sugar. May sound grose, but I tell you, you would love it! (they also have the deep fried candy bars but twinkie was to hard to pass up. ha ha.)





5 comments:

meghannamarie said...

Sounds like a great trip to a fair! Justin would never go I think this year I will make him take me though!

Jenna said...

I couldn't quite figure out what creature(s) were in the picture with the monkey and dog - wasn't expecting to see that :) haha

Really looked like fun. I want to find a fair to go to - but I bet your had much more fun "people watching" than we would get up here.

(PS - I still can't believe how big Millie is! AND PPS I was wishing we could have dinner together like old times :( )

Mindy said...

I would be most disappointed about the osterich race being cancelled. The monkey/dog duo ALMOST makes up for it though. :) Ha ha ha WHERE ON THIS GREEN EARTH DO YOU LIVE? I cannot believe places like this exist! :) And I am so happy you are there to bring it our attenion!

KellySummer said...

there is a bar called the The Bayou in SLC that serves deep friend twinkies with this delcious raspberry sauce and vanilla bean ice cream and it is SOO GOOD. i am jealous of your twinkie just thinking about it.

Christina and Jason said...

We thought about going but couldn't get over paying that much for it, although fried twinkies are on my list before we leave! I love that you really knew who the smallest lady is!