Thursday, January 15, 2009

The coldest day


Today was the coldest day ever in memphis! okay, mabye not ever, but the coldest day for the past 6 years! The hight was about 25- but with the wind chill and humidity it sure felt colder. I went out to run and as the hairs in my nose started to freeze I thought of running out doors in Utah, where some days it never gets over 15! I also had fond memories of the winter I lived in london. I really have no idea what the temperatures were there, but I do know that was the coldest time of my life. The problem was only compounded in the fact that I'd have to walk about 3/4 mile to the train station to get to work, then another 1/2 mile from the station to work. Back in those days I hadn't really jumped on the coat bang wagon. I had a thin little pleather coat and I expected that to do the trick... ahh! I think because of those days I was permanately damaged. I think I contracted a disease called C.B.S. (cold body syndrome) Yes, this IS a real thing, and yes, I just might have it. I'm always cold. I will wear my boots and down coat around the house and still want to turn the heat up. I also want to mention that our house might be the draftiest house in this blasted town. The termostat tells me it's 70 degrees in our house, but there is seriously NO WAY! I'll invite you all to come test out the temperature to see for yourselves. Man, I'm just looking forward to some warmer weather.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Whit, Millie looks so cute in her dress...can't believe you made it so long ago. I can't remember my bedroom paint color, I'll have to look it up. It took a couple of coats to get it all normal after the shoot, but I'm loving the color.

Melanie said...

You need insulation. Put on about 20 lbs and you'll be plenty warm like the rest of us well insulated people. :) Just kidding. Nothing is more invigorating that running in the cold. Especially with a fresh layer of powder.

Unknown said...

I so understand. We have been freezing here too! URGH! I tryed to take my boys out for a walk to get some "fresh air" because we have been cooped up all week. They both ended up crying. I was also gonna tell you that you look great!

Kara said...

Hey Whitney! Yeah, I will definitely have my sister send it to you. What is your email address?

Gina and Jon said...

Come visit me, it was 80 this weekend!