We blessed Millie over Christmas! We thought we'd wait to do it "at home" because Millie is the first Grandchild on my side, and also we'd be able to have a couple of Josh's siblings there. It was a really cool experience. I was proud of Josh for being able to bless her :)

I made Millies blessing dress when I was in High School (for a Laurel project) so even though it isn't the cutest dress you've seen, it was special. Also, my Grandma made Millie the white blanket that you see in the background, it was also very special to have that as part of her blessing!

These are a few of Millies cousins (5 are missing). It'll be so fun for her at family reunions because she'll have 4 other cousins her age! (3 girls 1 boy- 1 girl 4 months older and 3 others about 6 months younger- these three will be triplets, we're excited for them to come in a few months!!!)
15 comments:
First, loooove her dress! Secondly, loooove your dress! PLEASE! DRESS ME!
Th dress is beautiful.
Things are always more special when time and effort has been lovingly put into them (or if your like me.....a few swear words as well when you mess up).
Cousins are awesome. My sisters and I always seem to be pregnant at the same time. Our kids have a BLAST when we get together. It's a party. A flippen' noisy party, but a party none the less.
She is so cute and I admire that you made a adorable dress years ago that fits and everything I think that is so cool! I never did anything like that when I was in YW of course I can't sew at all...anyhoo...I got off track! Looks like you had a great time in UT.
i remember when you made that blessing dress. and it's totally cute!
She is beautiful. I am glad you could bless her in Utah. I think we may do that over spring break. Good job on her dress, that is awesome and she will cherish it when she is older. You look GREAT by the way!
What a beautiful dress. She is so cute. You look like the best parents for that sweet little girl. I hope you are doing well, and enjoying your time as a mommy. They grow up so fast, it's crazy!
I agree with Mindy, two beautiful girls in two cute dresses. I wouldn't dare make my own child's blessing outfit. It would probably look like a potato sack.
You are so amazing! I still have yet to sew anything more advanced than a hooded towel! Anyhoo, she is so beautiful and you also look really good!
Millie is so cute!! I love her little dress. I think the fact that you made it makes it so very special! My mom made a blanket like that for Natalie as well, and it made me feel the same way- as she was a part of the blessing. Whitney, you look great! I love your style!
I can't believe you made that darling dress! Talk about planning ahead! What a great idea for a Laurel project. You never cease to amaze me with those projects!
How great you got to bless Millie back home. I just couldn't picture it without my dad there, so we were lucky too.
What a cute family you are. Whitney you look great!! I miss all your fashion advice from the P. View days.
Even before I read it - I just knew you would have made the dress! That's awesome
What a special day for you. Her dress is beautiful and will be really special to her as well. So glad you had so much family there for the blessing.
What a sweetheart! I love that you made her dress. How special. She can bless her babies in it someday. We blessed Sophie in my old dress that my mom made for me. It was very tender. Although it did make me feel like a total slacker for not know how to sew well enough to make anything. Could you come home and teach me? Anyways...which recipe do you want for delicious treats!!!??? Although I'm sure you don't need one from me. I should be asking you!
Whit you're looking great girl! And it's always nice to see pics of Millie! You guys do have one cute kid!
Post a Comment