So we've made the move to Memphis, and we've been here about 2 weeks. We've just gotten internet so this'll be my fist update on the move. We've had a good time so far. It's definitely the south here. Our house is nice, we're just renting till we find a place of our own. You'd go crazy to find out how much house you can buy with a little money. Tracy and I found a house on line for $2,000. If you put 20% down you'd just pay $14 a month! (forget abou the fact that it's in serioulsy bad shape and in a seriously bad area!)
Our ward is great and we've met a TON of nice people and got some yummy goodies from ward members! We really appreciate the warm welcome we've felt from the Ward, and from Southern College! We even have another S.C.O. /LDS couple about 4 houses down! It's been fun to hang out with them.
TN. is a cool place, but the Weather is certanly NOT cool. It's pretty hot, but it's the humidity that gets ya. I feel like I'm in hawaii. It's really green and there is lots of cool wild life! there are lots of Herons, and turtles, and Armadillos that live out here. I've yet to see a live Armadillo, but you see them dead all over the freeway's. We have this really awesome park near by that we like to run in. It's about 5 miles by 3 miles with lots of different paths and lakes/ponds and there are even some buffalo's there! (inside fences of course)
EPIC Family "Vacation"
6 years ago
8 comments:
Sounds like you guys are enjoying TN. The humidity is awful! I especially hate how ugly it makes the sky, sometimes I can't even tell if its sunny or not outside because it is so muggy. Anyways, that park sounds very cool and I'm glad everything is going good. We were just down in Nashville last week, sometime we'll have to meet up there or something.
we had monkey brains in st johns too, maybe it's a hick thing! glad things are going well. it's really pretty out there!
Memphis sounds like a cool place! That park looks fun too. We miss you guys out here. Good luck on the house hunt!
Hey Whit, looks like you're enjoying the south and I"m guessing it won't take you that long to pick up the accent either. We're both doing great, lots of trips planned for the fall. You never gave me an update on the him book...I've been racking my brain over code names for 2 months now! Take care.
WHITNEY!!! I have been looking for you forever! I'm so happy to see your pretty face! I found you from Carrie. Logan and I had a delicious treat night a few weeks ago and it made me miss you. I hope things are going well. Fill me in on your life!
-Emi
AAAHHH those mushrooms are amazing! They're like ones i could only dream about in Blinkin land! Sounds like you guys are having fun....i just might need to come and visit!
Those monkey-brain balls come from a tree called "osage orange" or "hedge-apple". They've got pretty nice sets of thorns on them. A long time ago people used them as natural fences. We have them all over where we live. I've read that cockroaches don't like monkey brains and it is a good control method. You should ask the pest control man (Josh) if that will work :)
I can't believe how cheap houses are there! Wow. I'll have to tell Jonny! Looks like you are finding interesting things there! I'm glad!
Post a Comment