Tuesday, September 23, 2008

BYU Football

Even though we live in Memphis, we were able to experience the excitement of one more game day in Cougar Town. I'll admit, I'm not a big fan of football, but as we were watching the BYU/UCLA game on T.V. a couple weeks ago (so many miles away) I found myself missing the hussle and bussle of game days... with the crisp fall air and leaves changing color on the mountain. So, to my excitment, Josh was invited to "Light the Y" before the BYU vs. Wyoming game this last weekend. BYU flew us both out there which was SOOO great of them!!! Josh was also honored at half time along with the other 2 BYU Beijing Olympians (Nick Aranius- Shot put for Sweeden, and so and so, who won a gold medal in Volley ball for the U.S.)

We got to go out of the field before the game started, and watched them warm up, then watched Ty Detmer run the flag out onto the field with the team following behind. And of course we got to be front row joe, as they got very serious about the "Hawka" (sp.) (the poly dance)

We went all out to make the most of this game day. I got a "cougar tail" which is basically 3 maple bars in one, as you can see. I ate most of it by myslef (well, millie helped of course.) We also had to indulge in a game day hot dog! Hot dogs are never as good at home as they are at a sporting event, or camping. (on my right, Josh's bro. Clint. We got extra tickets so we got to enjoy the experience with family)

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I am jealous. For real.

meghannamarie said...

How fun! It is always more fun to be at the spoting event than to watch in on t.v.!

Jill said...

So glad you got to come back and enjoy another BYU game. I am sure it was great to be able to see family as well.

Erin said...

Ahh thats my whitney! Always able to down desserts like nobodies business! Don't worry, i too have that ability and it makes me sick! Sounds like you had a great time! And i know what you mean about missing Utah....you don't how great it is till you're gone!

Kachelle said...

that looks like so much fun! i'm a big football fan so i'm totally jellous!!!

The Clarks said...

We saw Josh at half time! That was so cool! You're looking so great!! I didn't know you were pregnant for the longest time and I was RS Pres!!! Ha ha. I love the name you picked! So fun! Good luck!
Jenny Clark

Brittany and Marcin said...

how fun!!

Brandon and Natalie said...

How fun to be able to go home for the game. There is nothing quite like a BYU game; especially the Samoan warm-up the team does.

I know Bonnie from my BYU ward in Provo. I was her visiting teacher.

Shelly Moon said...

Whit! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy the great football game! I saw Josh on TV and loved hearing what he had to say! So cool!
I love your cute belly! Millie is growing so well.

Tiffany said...

How great that you were able to come back to Utah. Ammon said he saw you guys at half time. He went to the game with Preston.

You look so cute in your sweater and your round belly!

Mindy said...

Whit! Being a die-hard Aggie, I don't support BYU - BUT: it looks like you two had a great time! And it is soooo neat that BYU flew you out ... Errr ... that my tithing flew you out! ;) Yay for getting to come home for a bit!! :)

The Bond Clan said...

Whitney!!! Of course it was okay for you to find me!!! email me and we can catch up beanbond@gmail.com. Congrats on the baby soon and going to the BYU game!
Bean-Bond

Carrie or Kyle said...

Whitney - I SAW Josh on TV during his interview, and I was hyperventilating (spelling right? don't know) with joy over a McAdams sighting. I bragged to those I was watching with how you and Josh had the genetic material to produce super-human speed-racers. First, congrats to Josh for such an accomplishment - it's been so fun to watch. Most of all, though, the sight of Josh made me miss you, Whitney (though Josh is pretty cool). Sadly enough we weren't able to be in Utah on your birthday, but let it be known I miss and love your guts. - Carrie