Saturday, October 06, 2007

I love germany

I got home from my deutschland trip about 2 weeks ago? So sere is yet another post about it. Yes, I love germany. That will probabally show by the legnth of this post. A few of the reasons I love it include...

FOOD...
Soft German Pretzil. They make em' big.
Kinder bar. Now, this is the most delicous thing. I'm actually eating one right this moment. It is a thin wafer like cookie filled with creamy hazelnut cream, and dipped in european chocolate. Need I say more?

Try to forget the fact that I look like a goblin. Take a look at my Kugel's of Ice cream. One of the flavors is Kinder egg flavor and the other is coconut. Very delicous and creamy... Lecker.

This is Tracy holding a paper cone filled with delicous little bite sized scones! They are heavily sprinkled with powdered sugar. Wow!

Bavaria...


Beautiful country side of Bavaria. Maybe my favorite place in the world. The alps would be right behind me as I was taking this photo...

Cows...

Alps. Right on the border of austria. We went running here in the morning and there was a think layer of fog just floating over the lake, and around the mountains. very picturesque.
The little bed and breakfast we stayed in. It had the most delicous breakfast. German breakfasts are the best. They always have boiled eggs and a little egg cup to hold them in, Rolls that are crusty on the outside and soft in the middle, cold cuts, and delicous apple juice that actually tasts like apples, etc.
Neuschwanstein. Otherwise recognized as the Disney Castlel. This is "one of the jewls of bavaria" But I think the countryside is just as pretty as the castle. This is the one that Walt disney patterned sleeping beauty's castle after. So Amazing. Built in the alps of Bavaria.
Tracy and I inside the Neuschwanstein courtyard.

More of Neuschwanstein, with the typical disney turret and the alps in the background. This is the most visited castle because all americans love it, thanks to walt disney!

Castles...


Heidleburg castle, this wing of it was in ruins. Much of it was destroyed in the war of 1812. I think this castle was built in the 1400?

One of the most beautiful, "Lichtenstein" built right on the edge of the cliff.


Wenigerode castle. One of the few in the northern part of the country.


Wartburg castle. Martin Luther (that the lutheran church is named after) translated the New Testiment here. It was built in the 1200?It was really rainy this day, so sorry the quality's not that great.

Rheinstein Castle. Another of my favorites. Had a mini vineyard here in the cortyard. On a hill, overlooking the Rhein.
Rheinstein Castle courtyard.

0 comments: