Saturday, October 06, 2007

Around Town

My parents and Tracy are living in Hannover. Their apt. is RIGHT in the city. It's a really cool town and I loved all the culture, I had a fun time hanging out with my fam. and with my little sis. Tracy. Hannover is basically the government ctr. of the country so 80% of it was bombed in the war. Most of it is either re-built, or they are in the process of re-building it. A few things they have left in ruins.

This is the Rathaus (or city government building) it was less than 1/2 mile from my family's apartment. Tracy and I would go by it on our run every morning. (p.s. Tracy took this photo. she's a great photographer.)


This is one of the 1/2 timber houses that is so typical in germany. I love this classic mid-evil look.


This is an old church that was bombed in WWII, but has not yet been restored. It has all sorts of pretty red vines growing on it. (credit of this photo also goes to tracy)

This is the Old church just RIGHT by my families. It chimes every hour (and half hour and quarter hour...)

These are the apartments that my parents live in!




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are some awesome pictures. I had no idea that germany was so beautiful, and it looks so clean!

Christiansens said...

I love your blog. You have some great photos of your visit to Germany. I'm going to have to make copies of all the pics. The Giovanni ice cream is still yummy! We discovered a separate little mosaic art room in the Herrenhauser museum that we missed before. It was done by the same artist who did the large brightly colored "female sculpture" exhibits along the river. (We'll have to find out the name of those sculptures before we come home.)

Bonnie said...

What a fun trip! I love all the pictures of the European style houses, very fun! When we were driving to New Mexico, we drove through Memphis and I thought of you. Tennesse was the most beautiful part of the drive, you'll like it!

Koi said...

Lucky! I never travel, except to St. Johns or Willcox to visit the parents. I can't really sit longer than that and my kids are just like me. Oh, and I made my blog public again, so view away!

Christiansens said...

Whitney! They have been tearing down all the ivy off the old bombed out church. It looks like they are getting ready to do some renovating. They have some heavy equipment set up inside the empty shell.