It was my Dad's 60th birthday in April. We went out to utah to surprise him, but found out our surprise had been spoiled. But we still had fun. His birthday was conference weekend, so we got the last 2 conference tickets our stake had available. this was my 2nd time going to conference. I love it!
On our way out to utah, we stayed the night in Moab so we could do a little hiking in the morning before heading into provo.
love millie's face in this one!
I had had an idea for my dads 60th birthday present for years! It was a fun project to do- me and my sisters put together a book called "The ABC's of Dad" for each letter we put a memory that we had of him and a picture... so we mentioned things like the bedtime songs he would sing us (Happy together, only he would say "the only one for Ernie is Bert, and Bert for Ernie, so happy together...") or fun vacation memories, or his "field camp hat", or the time he chased us around the house singing "we are siameese if you please"
I thought this was so hillarious! this couple made little signs to wear. they say "Eric Rocks" because he is a geologist (which means he studies rocks!)
We also got to see Josh's family, who moved to utah a few years ago. We had a couple big get-togethers with them and had a good time. It's nice that our family is all in basically the same area now, but hard to split time when you are in town because you really want to see everyone and just never seem to have time to spend the time you want!
It was a good trip. always too short! Millie and Logan love going to utah and seeing all of their cousins and aunts and uncles. When we got home logan missed everyone. we would be driving around town and he would point to random people outside and say "Tracy. Kyle." (aunt and uncle) or when he would wake up from a nap he'd look all around and ask "Grandpa go?" Utah (ie: provo) is such a fun place to be! I just love it there. Good people, good food, fun stuff to do, beautiful, and lots of good places to run, bike and hike :) I do miss it... but don't know if we will ever make it our permanant home.

2 comments:
What a fun party for your dad! I like that ABC book idea!
I do love Provo too. We miss those mountains SOOOOO much!!
he he he....love the party.
Post a Comment