Josh and I both ran the Phoenix half marathon the first week of march. This was the first half marathon that we had done "together"... as in we both ran in the same race, but not actually together. It was super hard training for it! Our winter weather is not condusive for half marathon training. Josh was apparantly able to withstand the ellements better than I, and stay motivated. He won the whole thing. SURPRISE! There were 2,000 people running, so it was a pretty big race. I, however, ran 11 minutes SLOWER thank my last one... sad day. but I was happy to be in the top 100 people (male and female)... but I was still glad I did it. The food afterwards was amazing! shrimp tacos, fried chicken, cookies, chocolate milk, trail mix, scones, hot dogs, gummy worms, otter pops, sorbet, and on an on! there was a big tent where you could sit and stretch on a yoga mat or put your feet in a ice filled baby pool, people would come around and offer you things like otter pops, or drinks. it was great! We ran with a team of people (some of them are pictured above), to rais awarness for mitochondrial disease. 3 of our friends 4 kids have mitochondrial disease, and their awarness team is called "hope flies."
EPIC Family "Vacation"
6 years ago


1 comments:
VERY COOL! Way to go you guys.
Post a Comment