People up here "on the mountain" (as locals call these small clusters of town) just really are self sufficient, make it from scratch kind of people. I often feel silly that I don't have a TWO year supply of food storage, raise my own meat, make bread from scratch, or can all of my own food. These are the kind of people you want to know in case it all goes down.... I have an awesome friend who has helped me figure out a bit more about these ventures. In the fall she let me can applesauce with her. YUM! She often brings me awesome things like food from her garden, fresh bread, eggs from her chicken, meat from their cows, etc. This day we scored big when she brought me honey butter, fresh laid eggs, and a loaf of delicious bread!
1 comments:
oh....I want a friend like that. :)
Post a Comment