Saturday, November 24, 2012

Rainbow Brite Birthday Party

Millie has been planning on a Rainbow brite birthday party for the last 8 months. When me and my sisters were little we loved rainbow brite! I have the DVD's of the "rainbow brite" show and Millie loves to watch them. She also wanted to be rainbow brite for Halloween so it worked out perfectly. She had a birthday party last year, and I think doing a birthday party for her every year would just be the end of me... I stress to much about the details. But since we were new here, and trying to find friends, I thought a fun party would be a good idea. This was a really fun party to plan!
 
(for favors we made rainbow swirl star crayons, and put in gumballs, rainbow bouncy balls, rainbow star suckers from amazon, and lipgloss for the girls)
 
The cake!!! I bought the figurine on etsy and made the rainbow out of fondant.  (In case you want to make it, here is how: I bought white fondant and died each color seperatly with gel food coloring- otherwise you will not get deep colors. (Ameri color brand is great... I have heard that the "icing color" does NOT work as well.) I rolled each color out and then put them together to make the rainbow. I used a little water between each color to help them stick... then I let it dry overnight) and put gumballs around the bottom. This was a fun cake to make!!!
 

 Inside the cake were all the colors of the rainbow :) My photo isn't very good so the red and orange look the same. Also use the gel colors for this. split 1 cake recipe or 1 cake mix into 3 pans so your layers are a little thinner... I also froze the cakes for a day so they were less crumbly when I frosted it.

Rainbow pretzils with "star sprinkles" (you know, like rainbow brites star sprinkles") and a rainbow archway made out of streamer.
 We made sure millies favorite game of duck duck goose got a showing at the party (and you can see millies rainbow brite costume I made) we also borrowed a rainbow parachute to play with.

 The rainbow pinyata was of course a hit!
 
Millie and her cute friends!
 
  This was her (blury) invitation.  we used the rainbow starburst liccorice.


1 comments:

Bonnie said...

Awesome party! I love Rainbow Brite! The cake looks amazing, as do the favors, invitations and decorations. You did an awesome job! I definitely have similar thought on birthday parties, they are so much fun to plan but they are so overwhelming, I definitely can't do it every year. Anyways, Happy Birthday Millie! And I'm glad you guys are getting settled in AZ.