Monday, November 26, 2012

Millie's Birthday and Disneyland trip


This cute little girl turned 4 last month!  We had wanted to go to disneyland this summer but didn't make it so we decided to go for millies birthday.  We didn't tell her that we were going untill the morn. of her birthday.  She had actually asked for a hello kitty suitcase for her birthday, it was all packed up with her clothes for the trip when she opened it.  We asked her why she thought it was all packed up... she said so excited "because we are going to memphis!!?"  poor girl!  then when we told her we were going to disney land she was just... pleased. haha.  (She was more excited that aunt Lin was going to be meeting us in california. She loves her aunts. thanks lin for being our special helper)
She did get more excited as the day went on. She wanted to get "all pampered" to get ready for disneyland. Also notice, she is wearing her favorite birthday present, her "wild kratts" shirt.  (Wild Kratts is her favorite show on pbs.)  She learns soo much stuff from this show and it always makes me laugh when she says stuff like "mom, did you  know proboscus monkeys have a resonating chamber in their nose?" the back of the shirt says "Millie, saving the planet with creature power!"
 
There are a lot of pictures in this post... I had a hard time narrowing them down because we just had such a fun trip!  I LOVE disneyland, and probabally enjoyed it more than Millie.  Millie liked it but we were going to take logan home for a nap mid-day.  We gave millie the choice to stay at disneyland or go to the hotel.  She wanted to go swim at the hotel... disneyland was too crowded she said. haha!
We saw sleeping beauty first thing when we entered!  I think Millie liked seeing the princesses more than going on rides.
Loved all the halloween decor they had up!
Logan had a good time too.  He just loved walking around and seeing all the cool stuff.  He loved the jungle ride, but was afraid of all the indoor rides (I don't blame him- they are loud, and kinda creepy!)
These gals were hillarous! they really stayed in character.  Millie started to hug the witch she she goes "ahh! a CHILD is touching me!" it was pretty funny
 
 








 Millie wore her special Minnie Mouse dress to disneyland...


 before we went to disneyland I had seen a commercial with one of these caramel apples in it.  I was anxiously anticipating eating one of them.  I knew it was going to be pricey, and it sure was, but I enjoied every bite of my $10 Micky Mouse apple. well worth it!
 We couldn't resist a trip to the beach.  We went to newport where my family would vacation when I was a girl.  We saw a seal...  Logan LOVED the beach.  he and josh were running from the waves, he was totally soaked and freezing but wouldn't get out of the water.
 
 

 We also had to hit sea world for this creature loving girl.  She loved the beluga's.  She got a stuffed Beluga that goes everywhere with her now... she named it biscuits.

What a fun trip! can't wait to go again!


2 comments:

Rachel Hubbard said...

Hey there! We took our family and did that the last full week of October! When were you there? Crazy! I wish we could have seen you guys. Your family is adorable. Happy holidays.

Kate said...

Ohhhh, we love D-Land. Definitely need to get back soon! Sounds like a great vacation. Wish we lived closer to that area in Cali so we could see you guys again and meet your kiddos.