Saturday, July 16, 2011

June- still a month behind

June was a really good month filled with lots of fun things! The first week of the month was Girls camp! The theme included pirates as you can see below... the poor girls had to endure temperatures of around 95 with 90% humidity. I'm glad I didn't have to be there the whole week to suffer that heat!) but it was a good time!






Me and some leaders in our pirate outfits


I just had to throw this one in because I think Millie is so funny. She's always doing something crazy! She LOVES goggles and wants to wear them all over the place. She'll just put on a pair and sit and watch T.V. or want to wear them to the store or whatever.



We've had some hott weather! we've spent several days at the sprinkler park- such a great FREE thing to do! (we don't have any actual swimming pools here in memphis for some reason)



Tried out this fun new activity- paint stomping. pour some glops of paint on the butcher paper and let kids paint with their feet (which of course ended in paint all over Millie's body and a nice mustache! but it was outside, so we could get as messy as we wanted!)



The zoo alows kids to "swim" in their fountains. It is kindof disgusting to me, but as you pass by, and about 20 other kids are in the fountain, it's pretty much impossible to keep Millie out!


We got to head out to Utah for a bit for my sister Tracy's wedding!!!!!! It was a blast! She looked amazing, her reception was about the best i've ever been too, and her and Kyle make such a great couple! (p.s. Sorry I didn't get with any utah friends while out there, we just visited with our families the whole time)



Kyle had a Niece who was just a few months older than Millie. They were such good little playmates! We also have to give her a big thank you for getting Millie to eat something new! Ham (Deli Meat) such a great thing for her to eat!!! so easy to pull a piece out and get some protein in that little body! (she is still hesitant to eat it at times, but we just have to remind her, "remember you ate it with abby and it was so good!")



Tracy's reception was in my parents back yard. I really wanted to do mine there, but alas, I got married in February. The yard looked amazing and all the decor (which tracy did ALL by her self) looked sooo good! She had kindof a woodland/rustic theme which was so fun and also looked amazing!


Josh and Sunny (Kelly's hubby) eating the yummy belgium waffles (choice of vanilla, cinnamon or chocolate) served with fresh blackberries, strawberries and raspberries...


After the wedding we were able to do some fun stuff. My mom and I took millie up to sundance and took her on the tram up the mountain! besides the fact that I was a little paranoid about millie falling out, It was a relaxing, peaceful and BEAUTIFUL ride! I miss the mountains alot and just don't see how some people can live with out them!!


Kyle's mom has a bunch of horses. She was so nice and let us come over to the stables so millie could go for a ride. First millie rode with her, and then she got to ride all by herself!!! Of course, Millie was not scared or apprehensive in any way. She had no problem with the fact that she was on this big horse, all by herself. Mill loved this and everyday we have to pretend to "be Anita" and "be Smarty" (Kyles mom, and her horse)



We flew from Utah to Eugene Or. for Josh to race at nationals. It was so pretty up there! (Eugene is possibly the hippy capitol of the U.S. and you see the most awesome and hillarious people up there! Like old old men dressed up like Gandolf walking along the freeway with a walking stick, or a group of hippies riding on their bikes that they have modified so their seat and handle bars are 10 feet high...)Anyways, the race went ok. He ran his best time of the year which was good, but he ended up 4th (for those who are interested this means he will not necessarily get to go to worlds- which is what he was hoping for. Top 3 normally get to go on to worlds in August, but only the first place finisher had run the "A standard"- which is a time standard that they have to have hit within the year. So- now the 3rd place guy and the 4th place guy- which was Josh- will have to try and hit the "A standard" if 3rd place hits it he gets to go to worlds, if Josh hits it and 3rd place doesn't then Josh will get to go to worlds. Complex stuff huh? So- Josh is off to finland this next week to try and run a couple of fast races and earn the "A standard")



Josh's parents moved from clevelad to utah this last year so we were able to spend some time with them too! They made the long drive up to Eugene to support Josh in his race! Thanks! Millie had a blast with them. She just adores all of her Grandma's and Grandpa's!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I don't know how people can live without the mountains either. We were there a few weeks ago and I REALLY miss them already.

We wish Josh good luck. WE hope he does well.

Jenna said...

oooh, good luck to josh!
what fun things you've been doing. your sisters dress & reception look gorgeous!

um, so I've taken note of the prego belly, but not recalling any post on that! Do tell Whit! Facebook me or something!

Kate said...

Wow looks like a busy, but really fun summer! Congratulations to Tracie, I can't believe she is married! I guess all those girls are grown up now (sniff, sniff j/k)

Tiffany said...

That all looks like so much fun! I love the picture you have at the top of your blog. You guys really are like the picture perfect family!