Thursday, February 03, 2011

Young Womens New Beginnings

New Beginnings is comming up in our ward. I'm the "Personal Progress Advisor" so I'm the one who gets to head up New Beg. The girls in the presidencies came up with a cute theme- "Girls just wanna have F-U-N" - accompanied with sleepover themes (the "fun" stands for the sponge bob song; I do NOT like sponge bob, but the song did fit and was kinda cute so we let the girls use it) I'm excited about it and think it's going to turn out really cute, so I thought I'd share a few of the fun things we came up with:

Invites

these took me a little to long to make but I think they turned out cute. The paper doll is in a sleeping bag, you pull her out and the invite is on her dress. (template for doll head found at (http://greenbeanbaby.typepad.com/main/2006/08/cut_paper_illus.html)
DECOR:

Like the flower vases filled with candy (photo from "the celebration shop")


Cute and super cheap tabel decor. The girls are just bringing patterned sheets/bedspreads.(photo from "the celebration shop")

FOOD:

(photo from "allergymoms") we'll just bake cookie dough in a pizza pan, then use red frosting for sauce, white for cheese, and fruit roll-ups for the pepperoni's


chocolate dipped mallows- but we'll do rice crispy treats

**So, if any of you other gals are in Y.W. you should post what you are doing and then I can steal some ideas for next year ;)

11 comments:

Mindy said...

I am pretty sure THIS is what everyone will be doing next year and anxiously awaiting what you come up with next year so they can do it in 2013. :) SO CUTE.

meghannamarie said...

Whitney you are so creative I love all your ideas! I am not in YW but man if I were you know I would be right there stealing this from you! The "bed tables" are so cool!

Oh yea and we HATE sponge bob too we don't let the kids near Nick!

Kate said...

Very cute! I was Personal Progress Adviser last year in my ward and my decorations came nowhere close to this. Great job.

Shelly Moon said...

I loved seeing all your cute decor and food! Way to go! You are creative.

Melanie said...

FUN! Looks time consuming...but tasty too.

We Are Family! said...

Love it! I sure do miss being with you ladies in Young Women! Hope all is going well. ~Erin F.

Bonnie said...

You're so cute! I love the invitations, and the bed tables, so fun!

Roseanne said...

Wow, that's so cute. You are so crafty...you are perfect for that job.

carin t said...

your craftiness makes me want to puke - in a good way. And yes, I will be stealing this idea from you for either my Night of Excellence or New beginnings next year!!!!

Unknown said...

I AM in Young Women's, but they have the Mia Maids do New Beginnings. I am pretty sure I will keep this lodged up in the back of my head for future ideas! Thanks for sharing! It was fun to read!

shoppingjordanonline said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.