Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Halloween Owls


My sis Kelly came out to visit a couple weeks ago (I'm way behind on posting so I'll probabally post on that a bit later) we made these cute owl pillows! We saw a photo online of some like this and created our own. Only took a couple hours.


1. cut out pattern of desired size (we used some type of upholstry valor, the original used cordoroy but we didn't have any on hand)

2. top stitch felt eyes, and beak

3. iron edge of wings under and topstich them in place (I like to stich 1/4 inch from edge of wing and then press under along the stich- helps the press look nicer)

4. sew right sides together

5. Flip, and stuff

6. hand sew on feet.

6 comments:

allegra said...

that is darling!! it turned out so cute.

Jami said...

Your family picture on the top is SO cute!

I really wish some of your creativity could rub off on me. You are so talented.

Jenna, Megan, Jessica & Breanna said...

i like it a lot!

Christina and Jason said...

You are so crafty it makes me wish I was like that! It's way cute and fun for fall!

Mandy said...

Whitney, that turned out darling! I want to make an owl and bird baby mobile, I just set his crib up :) If you have any good tips let me know :)Millie is just a ray of sunshine!

Melanie said...

So cute!